Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 27th October 2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 191996)
Axel ship from the US to Europe and then from Europe to you so no customs charges.

But they craftily are charging customers for it anyway, even if they're below the customs threshold, which is why they no longer get any of my business.

Phurious 27th October 2011 01:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Postie just dropped some more morsels of goodness through the letterbox:

My latest quest is to collect all the BFI Flipside releases on BR - only got 5 including these though :shocked:

Also thanks to Slippery Jack for reminding me that I needed to own Stage Fright.

Make Them Die Slowly 27th October 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 193206)
Postie just dropped some more morsels of goodness through the letterbox:

My latest quest is to collect all the BFI Flipside releases on BR - only got 5 including these though :shocked:

Also thanks to Slippery Jack for reminding me that I needed to own Stage Fright.

"The Other Side of the Underneath" is a great film, a feminist Jodorowsky style tale, filmed on a slag heap in Wales!

Daemonia 27th October 2011 01:27 PM

Oh well. Last time I went they only had a donkey and a toothless old Mexican guy and I didn't fancy either of those. :lol:

Slippery Jack 27th October 2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 193173)
Frozen Lake, which I've only heard good things about.

Is that the one with the Canadian woman getting involved in people smuggling? I'd forgotten about that, a damn fine film. I think in my befuddled mind I confuse it with Winters Bone, which I haven't seen . . .

Slippery Jack 27th October 2011 01:55 PM

Spent a horrible amount of cash on a shiny new mega laptop the other day (the checkout girl in Dixons sensed my pain when I had to enter the PIN number :blush:), so my purchases have gone right down. Did recently get Halloween 3 with the Newman / Jones commentary though . . .

Phurious 27th October 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 193208)
"The Other Side of the Underneath" is a great film, a feminist Jodorowsky style tale, filmed on a slag heap in Wales!

Yeh, heard great things about it. Love the use of feminist and slag in the same sentence :pound:

Phurious 27th October 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 193216)
Spent a horrible amount of cash on a shiny new mega laptop the other day (the checkout girl in Dixons sensed my pain when I had to enter the PIN number :blush:), so my purchases have gone right down. Did recently get Halloween 3 with the Newman / Jones commentary though . . .

Which release has the commentary? Region 1 I guess?

Slippery Jack 27th October 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 193226)
Which release has the commentary? Region 1 I guess?

R2 United Kingdom - (Sanctuary Digital Entertainment)
Audio Commentary by Horror Experts Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
Production Notes, Cast Biographies
Subtitles:No
Aspect Ratio:1.78:1
Picture Format:Anamorphic
TV System:PALSoundtrack(s):English Dolby Digital 5.1
Case type:Keep
CaseNotes:This is the same as the version included in Anchor Bay's 'Halloween Collection'.

Got mine for about four quid from a seller on amazon . . .

Wes 27th October 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 193208)

Great to hear - I'm definitely gonna watch my copy at the weekened now - I've had it for a while but from what I've heard, it's one of those films that you need to psyche yourself up for...

Man of Violence I really liked - definitely a change of scene for Pete Walker but very enjoyable nonetheless. The Blu is a thing of beauty and so is co-star Luan Peters playing what my Dad would call a real dolly-bird...

I've grabbed all those Flipsides, most of 'em sight-unseen and I have not been disappointed yet...