Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 8th November 2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 47243)
Bava's is dreadful! IMO.

Yeah, I believe so, but it was cheaper to buy the box than to get House...Park and Beyond The Darkness separately!

:lol:

Pete 8th November 2009 01:52 AM

I had that box. House is good and i thought Beyond the Darkness was ok, if a bit boring in parts. Great goblin soundtrack though!

Gojirosan 8th November 2009 01:56 AM

I like them both. Wanted to upgrade my VHS dupes and that box seemed ideal! If nothing else, the Bava Jr might make a nice coaster and spare Amaray! :D

Pete 8th November 2009 01:58 AM

I wouldn't insult my cup of tea by using that as a coaster!:laugh:

It does have it's good points; Serena's breast's and the catchy theme tune but thats about it.

bdc 8th November 2009 09:17 AM

Is Blood Sabbath the one with Dyanne Thorne?
Nice dvd? UK?

kevxxx1 8th November 2009 10:32 AM

I watched Halloween on Blu Ray yesterday and thought the quality was excellent. I think only the hardcore purists will have any real issue with it.
I remember watching this as a pre-cert VHS 25 years ago with washed-out colours, murkiness and in fullscreen and it was still a great film. This version is the best yet.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th November 2009 11:22 AM

I watched my FIRST EVER blu-ray last night round a mate's house! :woot: We watched Elite Squad which was okay I guess, and yes the picture quality was great but it's still not enough to make me go blu-ray. But it's most likely just the way that film was...filmed - very City Of God like. And when we watched a bit of the ol' Pan's Labyrinth blu-ray it did look incredible.

But still, DVD for me! I do luv them, afterall.

Gojirosan 8th November 2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 47251)
Is Blood Sabbath the one with Dyanne Thorne?
Nice dvd? UK?

It is the Dyanne Thorne naked witches romp. The quality is a little poor - grainy and washed out with some scratches on the print etc - but perfectly watchable.

It's a very, very budget UK release (cost £1) from Pegasus/Avatar. This is the one: Blood Sabbath at Amazon UK

Not sure of the general release information of this disk, I've only ever seen it in Poundland discount stores and the relatively expensive (but still cheap!) Amazon deal.

bdc 8th November 2009 02:10 PM

Thanks for the info!
Will be getting that one. :)

Daemonia 8th November 2009 07:01 PM

There's plenty of life left in DVD yet, mate. However, this is the Blu-ray forum - so bugger off! :D :D

(I'm just kidding in case anyone thinks I'm being unnecessarily offensive ;) )