Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 61463)
I assume it was the region 1 disc then?

I'm still waiting on my Blind Dead Collection from ebay,better not have been conned!

Most ebay 'sellers' use the pony express method mate.:biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 08:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ordered tonight,hopefully next weeks arrivals.....

Oh and picked up Away Days on Blu Ray from Blockbuster tonight.

I do like these football hooligan films....:rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 08:38 PM

Should be ok,it's only a day after the estimated delivery date.I'll give it another week.I'm just an impatient bugger :lol:

LineSix 4th February 2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 61562)
Ordered tonight,hopefully next weeks arrivals.....

Oh and picked up Away Days on Blu Ray from Blockbuster tonight.

I do like these football hooligan films....:rolleyes:

Away Days is a great film, it's as much about the 'scene' at the time (lots of good music) aswell as the football hooligan stuff.

The Australian Blu-Ray of American Psycho is the best, at least so I have heard and it's the version I own as we haven't even had it released over here yet and the American version is supposed to be awful in comparison to the Australian disc (which is superb, fantastic picture quality). I'm assuming the version you ordered is European? I'm not sure which country though and if the transfer is any good but anything is better than the US disc.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Comes from Switzerland mate.

Just bagged one of these as well.:cool:

antmumford 4th February 2010 09:30 PM

I won £10 on the lottery yesterday so decided to treat myself.

Went to Tesco's and picked up Thirst for just 7 quid. Couldn't believe it, only came out last week. I checked online to see if it happened to be cheaper elsewhere and the cheapest was a tenner from HMV so what a bargain that was. If you haven't got a copy yet then I suggest you head down to Tescos.

To break the tenner even I then grabbed District 13 for just 3 quid. Looking forward to seeing these :dance:

pedromonkey 4th February 2010 09:42 PM

nice score ant.

i won Demons on ebay today for 3.49.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just bought the Optimum dvd of Dario Argento's Trauma.Certainly not his best but then again,certainly not his worst :lol: I already own the region 1 Anchor Bay edition but the Optimum disc only cost £4 and I liked this artwork better than the AB cover :D

Gojirosan 5th February 2010 01:47 PM

Some recent arrivals:

Long Weekend (haven't seen it for many years!)
Charley Varrick (ditto!)
Rats: Night Of Terror (never seen it, looks hilarious!)
Psycho - Anniversary 2 Disk thing
The Pit And The Pendulum (Corman - decided to finally go ahead and get all the Corman Poe DVDs after several years um-ing and ah-ing, expecting the sublime Masque Of The Red Death soon too)
Another load of true crime documentaries (Cold Case Files, Born To Kill etc)
[*REC] - 2 disk job - watched the film last night, was very impressed with picture and sound quality of this Contender release.

Also, I awoke to discover that an idle bid on eBay had "won" me Ruggero Deodato's Dial: Help, which I have never seen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th February 2010 02:06 PM

Just recieved Excessive Force (starring Thomas Ian Griffith from Carpenter's underrated Vampires) and Excessive Force II,both from Amazon and bought from Poundland,Undisputed II and the double feature Anchor Bay The Incredible Hulk Returns/Trial Of The Incredible Hulk.Couldn't pass that one up for a pound!