Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 194705)

So has mine. I received The Exorcist Canadian Steelbook in the mail.

Prince_Vajda 2nd November 2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 194706)
I have the Theatrical Version and The Version You've Never Seen on both R1 and R2 DVDs, the UK Blu-ray release and the US Mediabook so, with this Steelbook, that makes seven!

I was asking because I've got my UK Blu-ray right in front of me at this very moment - I had ordered it a couple of weeks ago, mainly because of your great texts and reviews on your webpage.

I'm looking forward to watching it! :)

Greetings!

keirarts 2nd November 2011 02:24 PM

Zombie 2 has finally arrived.

If any nitpickers have complaints about this release I harbour serious doubts at weather any blu-ray can satisfy them, this looks phenomenal, far better than any other release i've seen.

James Morton 2nd November 2011 03:07 PM

What films have you purchased recently,or are going to purchase?

i have the R1 unrated dvd already but i just received DRESSED TO KILL blu ray from Movietyme, looking forward to seeing one of De Palma's best films
on bd

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 194689)
I also received an e-mail from Planet Axel to say Evil Dead 2: 25th Anniversary Edition has been shipped - groovy!

Me too.

(it was actually two e-mails again! ;))

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 194707)
So has mine. I received The Exorcist Canadian Steelbook in the mail.

Mine too. :nod:

I received The Fog, Wild at Heart, and T2 steelbook today.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 194745)
Me too.

(it was actually two e-mails again! ;))

I also received two e-mails, but that's better than none!

Also, Blue Velvet arrived and I've checked it in my PS3 so there is no region encoding - for those of you without multi region players, it's safe to order!

Nemesis 2nd November 2011 05:57 PM

Recently bought:

Pusher trilogy
Baba Yaga (Shameless)

Rik 2nd November 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Mine too, even though I cancelled my order back in September and received a cancellation confirmation email, strange. I hope it's not Region A locked now because that was my reason for cancelling

Sometimes, dead is better

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 194717)
I was asking because I've got my UK Blu-ray right in front of me at this very moment - I had ordered it a couple of weeks ago, mainly because of your great texts and reviews on your webpage.

I'm looking forward to watching it! :)

Greetings!

I am a little obsessed by The Exorcist -- I don't own 20 copies like someone does with Day of the Dead (I can't remember his username or find the post at the moment), but it's been my favourite film since I saw it in 1998 and have the book, the screenplay, the BFI companion by Mark Kermode, several posters etc.

I hope I haven't built your hopes up so you'll only be disappointed but, as Friedkin says in the introduction, turn off the lights and turn up the volume as it's a great film which is best seen in the dark and without any interruptions.