Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 5th February 2010 02:10 PM

Recent buys:

Halloween 3 - Sanctuary (I know it's cut (and I do have the uncut MIA disc) but it was only £1)
2000 Maniacs - Odeon/Something Wierd £3
Dragon Tiger Gate - Cine Asia £1
Family Guy season 7 - £10

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th February 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 61667)
Family Guy season 7 - £10

giggity giggity. :thumb:

pedromonkey 5th February 2010 02:48 PM

dragon tiger gate is awesome, Donnie Yen rules in that.

just picked up...

DEMONS 2
DRESSED TO KILL (never seen this)
A CHINESE GHOST STORY (HKL special edition)
BAVA BOXSET VOL.1 that includes
Mask of satan
Black Sabath
The girl who new too much
Knives of the avenger
and Kill baby Kill.

Only Bava movie i've ever seen is Planet of the Vampires so im thinking this is a good place to start. That lot cost me 22.00

Vampix 5th February 2010 03:01 PM

Just picked up Carpenter's They Live but for some reason I purchased the Universal R1 and not the Optimum R2 disc with commentary & extras.The Universal release has no extras whatsoever. :dizzy:

antmumford 5th February 2010 04:34 PM

My girlfriend finishes work early Friday's so she pops into Brighton to browse and such. Being the gorgeous little angel she is, she turned up with a plastic bag and placed it on my lap. Low and behold within the bag was:

Pontypool on DVD
Gamer on Blu-ray and
Antichrist on Blu-ray

I told you she was an angel, me's a very lucky man. She looks after me :nurse:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th February 2010 10:06 PM

Ah yes I know what you mean.
Mine turns up with a bag and throws it in my lap and says what do you think?

Only eighty quid.....:lol:

Sam 6th February 2010 04:57 PM

My 3-disc Eureka edition of Bad Boy Bubby (1 DVD, 1 Blu-ray and 1 Digital copy) arrived today and the presentation is great - there's even an Arrow-style 20 page booklet!! Seems a snip at 9 quid on amazon!

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th February 2010 06:32 PM

Watched the District 13 (Banlieue 13) this afternoon.Thoroughly enjoyed it.Some good action setpieces and a great soundtrack.Recommended for fans of The Transporter.Going to watch District 13:Ultimatum later tonight.:thumb:

Daemonia 7th February 2010 02:10 PM

Watched the UK BD of The Warriors and thoroughly enjoyed it...again. It's the first time I've seen the new Director's Cut, so it was kind of a new experience. Absolutely stunning HD transfer, I have to say. Recommended. Although I'll be hanging onto the original version on DVD as well.

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th February 2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 61912)
Watched the UK BD of The Warriors

Two things I hate about the Director's Cut of The film....Walter Hill's gravely voiceover at the beginning is like someone scraping their nails across a blackboard :eek: and the rearranging of the reveal of the baseball furies with that stupid comic book panel really ruins the shot.For me,a case of the origianl version being superior.