Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

darthelvis 9th November 2011 10:23 PM

I feel like I should be buying you the Star Wars movies.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 196518)
I feel like I should be buying you the Star Wars movies.

No thanks -- they'd only gather dust! I'll leave you to Star Wars and I'll stick with The Exorcist. As the saying goes, to each their own!

InDogWeTrust 10th November 2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 196350)
Mate that is Sweeeet with a capital S. I don't own any version of Star Wars and that would sit beautifully next to my Back to the Future Tin too.

Fancy a trade :tongue1:

Where did you get it from?

I got it from a seller on eBay who had a bunch of Brand New/Sealed rare and oop box sets. Unfortunately for anyone else though, It was the only one he had.

I'm sure if you reap eBay for a while it will pop up, Maybe not brand new and sealed though.

InDogWeTrust 10th November 2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 196519)
No thanks -- they'd only gather dust! I'll leave you to Star Wars and I'll stick with The Exorcist. As the saying goes, to each their own!

Yes yes, Each to their own. Need some variety sometimes though, Can't be all horror all the time :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 196545)
Yes yes, Each to their own. Need some variety sometimes though, Can't be all horror all the time :laugh:

True, that's why I watched Casablanca last night!

antmumford 10th November 2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 196565)
True, that's why I watched Casablanca last night!

Did you watch the Blu? If so how does it look? I recently bought it for Kelly's Birthday next week, along with The African Queen and Breakfast at Tiffany's. She wants to collect all the classics you see.

That reminds me does anyone know of any other "classics" (along these lines) that's out or due out on Blu-ray? I still need to get Brief Encounter too

bdc 10th November 2011 09:10 AM

Charade (Dual Format Edition) [Blu Ray & DVD]
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? [Masters of Cinema] [Blu-ray]
;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 09:11 AM

Yes, it was the BD from the US Ultimate Collector's Edition and it looks extremely good, with crystal clear sound. I don't know if this is the same as the UK release, but I'd be surprised if it looks any worse.

It's definitely one to consider and your wife/girlfriend/partner should be extremely happy with it -- the US set I have is a double disc one with all the extra features from the previous US DVD special edition release, but the box set (now OOP) also has lobby cards, archive correspondence, passport holder and luggage tag!

oaxaca 10th November 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 196569)
Did you watch the Blu? If so how does it look? I recently bought it for Kelly's Birthday next week, along with The African Queen and Breakfast at Tiffany's. She wants to collect all the classics you see.

That reminds me does anyone know of any other "classics" (along these lines) that's out or due out on Blu-ray? I still need to get Brief Encounter too

Plenty of classics out there on blu Ant. I can recommend these if you haven't already watched them already....

THE ENGLISH PATIENT
OUT OF AFRICA
A PASSAGE TO INDIA
DR ZHIVAGO
BRIEF ENCOUNTER
GREAT EXPECTATIONS
BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER KWAI
GONE WITH THE WIND
RED SHOES
AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER - My favourite Cary Grant movie!
THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING
MALTESE FALCON
CASABLANCA
TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE
CHICO & RITA (for something a bit different)
CITY GIRL & SUNRISE (Eureka's masters of cinema) - 2 silent films but they are stone cold classics and have a boy-finally-gets-girl happy ending!

Feels a bit wrong writing all these films in "The Horror Tannery" lol

antmumford 10th November 2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 196571)
Charade (Dual Format Edition) [Blu Ray & DVD]
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? [Masters of Cinema] [Blu-ray]
;)

Ah yes Charade has come out recently, that's a must buy.

Haven't seen Will Success... that's one i'll have to look into and ask Kelly if she knows of it.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk