Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 197550)
My Touch of Evil Steelbook arrived today and it looks extremely cool. Now to watch the three different versions and listen to all four commentaries!

Amazon have also shipped my Silent Running Steelbook, so I can't wait for that to arrive.

Same! :happy:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 05:44 PM

So did mine, along with the Criterion Collection DVD of Unfaithfully Yours and the Blue Underground and the BD of Two Evil Eyes.

I know Two Evil Eyes isn't the best film by either George Romero or Dario Argento, but I like both segments and this was another Blu-ray double-dip!

Pete 14th November 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 197585)
So did mine, along with the Criterion Collection DVD of Unfaithfully Yours and the Blue Underground and the BD of Two Evil Eyes.

I know Two Evil Eyes isn't the best film by either George Romero or Dario Argento, but I like both segments and this was another Blu-ray double-dip!

I don't mind TEE, but the Argento segment feels too american - it doesn't really have any of the inventiveness with the camera we expect from him.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 05:48 PM

I also received a shipping confirmation from HMV, so must have ordered Silent Running from both retailers to see which one would be cheaper and then forgot about the pre-orders altogether!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 197586)
I don't mind TEE, but the Argento segment feels too american - it has none of the inventiveness with the camera we expect from him.

That's exactly how I feel about Argento's contribution and wouldn't be surprised if he's of the same opinion. Still, they are both very good 'mini movies' and I could watch them over and over again. You've gotta love Harvey Keitel in that beatnik beret!

Pete 14th November 2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 197588)
That's exactly how I feel about Argento's contribution and wouldn't be surprised if he's of the same opinion. Still, they are both very good 'mini movies' and I could watch them over and over again. You've gotta love Harvey Keitel in that beatnik beret!

Yeah, despite the 'americanised' feel its still pretty good and the Romero segment is one the best things he done outside his original 'Dead' trilogy imo.

Make Them Die Slowly 14th November 2011 06:47 PM

"Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein/Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy"
"Red White and Blue"
"Razorback"
"Attack the Block"

Pete 14th November 2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 197162)
You lucky sod! I'd kill to see this on the big screen. :laugh: Do you think the new film will be any good, Pete?

Of course it will - it's the Muppets!:dance::dance:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 197594)
"Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein/Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy"
"Red White and Blue"
"Razorback"
"Attack the Block"

Not like you MTDS. A bit , well, normal aren't they ?

When i saw your name as a post in this thread i clicked on it anticipating films with titles like - Virgins slaughtered by the fairy folk in the quaint English village of Devil's End or Ring a ring o' Roses its time to slay some wenches

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th November 2011 07:20 PM

I watched th French Conan's yesterday-they look and sound fantastic.:nod:

IMO DESTROYER is the more entertaining of the two!