Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 15th November 2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 197883)
I'd love to know what the booklet and Europe in the Raw are like and whether I can justify spending £21 for those two and the snazzy box. (I already own every DVD which is in the box set).

After having the 18 disc set on order from Choices (who I don't think I've ever ordered from) and waiting and waiting and waiting due to the post-riot warehouse stock issue I was a bit skeptical of getting this at such a good proce from them and also whether or not I'd be waiting and waiting like earlier. The status of my order has gone from 'Awaiting stock' to 'Allocated' today which seems to be a good sign so when it does arrive I'll put some pictures up of the booklet so you can see what it's like.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th November 2011 08:46 AM

That is a good sign and you'll hopefully have the box set by the middle of next week.

I'd love to see some photos and it'll probably go on my wish list for next year - I don't know what I'd do with the 18 duplicate DVDs though!

Gold6082 16th November 2011 12:02 PM

Devil Times Five
Trapped
Messiah Of Evil
Doom Asylum
Ritual
Nightmare
The Carpenter
Humongous
Weekend Murders
Night of The Demon (for those struggling to find it it is going at £14.99) on ebay seller emailed me this morning has plenty in stock

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th November 2011 12:17 PM

Nice haul, Gold. :cool:

Wes 16th November 2011 12:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A bunch of Second Run titles... one of the most interesting labels out there...

Nemesis 16th November 2011 01:13 PM

Ordered and received:

Silent Running blu

Ordered:

Touch of Evil Blu
Wild Beasts (CO)

Wes 16th November 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 198038)
Ordered and received:
Silent Running blu
Touch of Evil Blu

Yeah, I must get these... I'll have to revisit my old Universal DVD of Silent Running and see if an upgrade is in order... Touch of Evil Blu, I'll definitely get - one of the great horror-noirs...

Phurious 16th November 2011 02:05 PM

15 Attachment(s)
From Amazon/Amazon Marketplace:

Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection - many happy memories of watching these as a youngster.
Hurt Locker - really, really, really love this film. Tenser than a neurotic's neck tendons in a job interview.
Requiem For a Village and The Pleasure Girls added to the ever swelling ranks of the superb BFI Flipside series.
Dream Home - one of my faves at last year's Frightfest (amazing death by bong that I can't wait to see again).

From a Cancer Research shop in Islington for £3!

Once Upon A Time In The West Trilogy

From eBay:

The ultimate vanity project:
Mick Jagger's Running Out Of Luck VHS

From HMV:

Touch Of Evil steelbook - my fave Welles in lovely HD - can't wait to watch this again.

From Fopp:

Slaughterhouse Five
Metropolitan
Last House On The Left 3 disc ultimate edition for £3!
Neds
Taxi 4
Tetsuo II: Body Hammer - had to re-buy this as my copy has gone walkies.
Accion Mutante - also a re-buy as I can't find my copy.

Wes 16th November 2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 198048)
The ultimate vanity project:
Mick Jagger's Running Out Of Luck VHS

A great haul there Phil... I missed this Jagger film, but it sounds wild... I'll have to seek this one out...

Phurious 16th November 2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 198055)
A great haul there Phil... I missed this Jagger film, but it sounds wild... I'll have to seek this one out...

Cheers Wes. My plans of reining in the spending has failed miserably unfortunately.

As for Running Out Of Luck - it's like rocking horse shit. There's only a VHS knocking about and that goes for daft money on eBay (I was 'kind of' lucky with the price).

However here's something to whet your appetite:

she's the boss mick jagger - YouTube