Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 23rd November 2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 199625)
Isn't the UK edition of 'OVERFIEND' heavily cut?

It is indeed mate, cuts of child rape.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Pete 23rd November 2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199635)
It is indeed mate, cuts of child rape.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Cheers, Ant :)

Just read that the Aussie release has something like 40 mins chopped from it :eek:

keirarts 23rd November 2011 09:51 PM

Blockbusters are clearing out their backlog of older used blu-rays, putting them in the 4 for £10 with the £3 dvd's.

Got The killer inside me (highly underrated michael winterbottom directed jim thompson adaptation) eadge of darkness, eastern promises and vacancy.

Phurious 24th November 2011 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 199639)
Cheers, Ant :)

Just read that the Aussie release has something like 40 mins chopped from it :eek:

Only ever seen the UK cut. With 40 mins of cuts in the Oz version it must be more like a trippy episode of the Simpsons.

I'm guessing there's no English subs/dub for an Uncut Japanese version?

keirarts 24th November 2011 08:18 AM

the urotsuokidoji films are actually a long running tv series edited down to film length (as would often happen with anime in the early days of western distribution.) Good luck finding the whole series though!

keirarts 24th November 2011 08:24 AM

Was going to use my lovely axel points to get burial ground.... but then I noticed the 2-disc mystery science fiction theatre 3000 edition of manos the hands of fate and my finger slipped.

I must be mental:crazy:

PaulD 24th November 2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 199676)
Was going to use my lovely axel points to get burial ground.... but then I noticed the 2-disc mystery science fiction theatre 3000 edition of manos the hands of fate and my finger slipped.

I must be mental:crazy:

Haha! Good choice! Does it have the original version of Manos as well at the MST3K one?

keirarts 24th November 2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 199682)
Haha! Good choice! Does it have the original version of Manos as well at the MST3K one?

Apparently it does, from the looks of things theres an audio commentary as well, though the msft3000 version is the best commentary track in my books!

Pete 24th November 2011 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's arrivals:

Attachment 30514

antmumford 24th November 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 199644)
Blockbusters are clearing out their backlog of older used blu-rays, putting them in the 4 for £10 with the £3 dvd's.

Got The killer inside me (highly underrated michael winterbottom directed jim thompson adaptation) eadge of darkness, eastern promises and vacancy.

Nice selection there mate and for that price you can't go wrong. I'll have to pop to my local one soon and see what they have to offer.