Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Refused 26th November 2011 11:00 AM

I really need to get Metropolis at some point, was shown clips of it in media studies years ago and have wanted to watch it ever since.

On the subject of classic films, I just ordered Last Action Hero.

Phurious 26th November 2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200059)
Ordered some films on DVD:

BD's i will buy as soon as they get released:
Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection

That's getting a BD release? From Raro? Very nice - the DVD transfers are pretty tasty anyway, so I'll stick with them until my son trashes them or I get the urge to splash out.

ReturnToZero 26th November 2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 200068)
That's getting a BD release? From Raro? Very nice - the DVD transfers are pretty tasty anyway, so I'll stick with them until my son trashes them or I get the urge to splash out.

Sure! It should be out next month. Raro USA dosen't update their website very much but you can see pictures of it at their facebook-site.

Pete 26th November 2011 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This morning I received the UK dvd of the Italian nunspoiter STORY OF A CLOISTERED NUN.

Attachment 30948

VicDakin 26th November 2011 03:08 PM

dvds

1 Attachment(s)
opened the crypt to find these waiting for me

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 03:30 PM

Annoying there's not a decent release (extras wise at least) of Night of the Eagle out there. Think The Damned is one of the many unwatched films I have saved on my Sky+ box. Had to delete I Am Cuba the other day without having seen it, then saw some stunning clips from it on Cousins' Story of Film :mmph: . . .

g053584398 26th November 2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 200108)
This morning I received the UK dvd of the Italian nunspoiter STORY OF A CLOISTERED NUN.

Attachment 30948

Have you had a chance to play the DVD yet Pete? I have heard that the transfer is non-anamorphic yet I've seen a trailer for that one on another Argent DVD that was definitely anamorphic!

Pete 26th November 2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 200118)
Have you had a chance to play the DVD yet Pete? I have heard that the transfer is non-anamorphic yet I've seen a trailer for that one on another Argent DVD that was definitely anamorphic!

It's anamorphic - it's Argent's release of NUN AND THE DEVIL which is non-anamorphic.

pedromonkey 26th November 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 200111)
opened the crypt to find these waiting for me

great films, both of them, Night Of The Eagle is a really good witchcraft film that seems to be very underrated.

Prince_Vajda 26th November 2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 200129)
great films, both of them, Night Of The Eagle is a really good witchcraft film that seems to be very underrated.

That reminds me - I bought this a few months ago, but I still have to watch it! ;)

Greetings!