Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 26th November 2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200154)
Is it uncut? Would also be interesting to know about the quality compared to the NoShame disc.

Yes, it's uncut and decent quality too - I can post some screen grabs if anyone wants to see. Not much in terms of extras though, just the Theatrical trailer, gallery, trailers for other Argent releases and a plug for Shameless' Killer Nun and Flavia the Heretic.

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200152)
So, the Optimum release isn't good?

It's barebones, innit? Think that's the only reason I don't own it, not that I'm expecting an extras-laden release to appear any time soon . . .

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th November 2011 05:16 PM

8 Attachment(s)
This weeks discs.

Messages Deleted is a new film by Larry Cohen.

Thanks to Pete for The Reincarnation of Isabel and 2019 After the fall of New York. :thumb:

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:20 PM

I found Funeral in Berlin a pretty dull follow-up to The IPCRESS File - Ken Russell's Billion Dollar Brain however is wonderfully bonkers :crazy: . . .

wongfeihung62 26th November 2011 05:22 PM

Last purchases were

DRAGON TIGER GATE - 2 DISC
THE BROOD - 2 DISC

ReturnToZero 26th November 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 200156)
Yes, it's uncut and decent quality too - I can post some screen grabs if you want? Not much in terms of extras though, just the Theatrical trailer, gallery, trailers for other Argent releases and a plug for Shameless' Killer Nun and Flavia the Heretic.

Thanks for the info. Uncut and decent quality is enough for me to know so you don't have to take some screen shot :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 200157)
It's barebones, innit? Think that's the only reason I don't own it, not that I'm expecting an extras-laden release to appear any time soon . . .

Most important is that the feature itself is good and not some awful VHS transfer. I usually don't have time to go through 3 hours of extras anyway :)

Slippery Jack 26th November 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 200162)
Most important is that the feature itself is good and not some awful VHS transfer. I usually don't have time to go through 3 hours of extras anyway :)

I suppose, though I reckon I still favour extras over quality of feature - I'm not too fussy unless it's really bad. I always enjoy a commentary to put it into context and give me a bit of background info, even better if Kim Newman is involved . . .

bdc 26th November 2011 05:48 PM

I've posted some more info. ;)
If someone would like to order this,maybe best use Babelfish?
Otherwise I'll try to help out if needed.

PaulD 26th November 2011 06:27 PM

Gullermo Del Toro boxset arrived today - lovely looking set. Love the pop-up book aspect! Can't wait to see Pans Labyrinth in HD.

bdc 26th November 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 200139)
Just picked this up:
I thought it was cool you could make it scream by pressing the button... :loco:
There's also a dvd version btw.

Scream 4 - Limited Edition (2011) (Eone) Blu-ray

Just noticed there's something odd...the box is big enough to fit a dvd and the bd is in a dvd case (slipcase and cover have all the bd info though)! :lol:
Pretty cool to have this "retro packaging" on a bd imho. :thumb: