Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Refused 6th December 2011 02:34 PM

Yikes, my incoming list is getting out of hand -

2001 Maniacs
Bay Of Blood
The Beyond
Cannibal Holocaust
Cat O' Nine Tails
Inferno
Intruder
Loved Ones
Run Lola Run
Tenebrae
Trick 'r Treat

That's not including pre-orders, just ones on their way to me at the moment. Merry Christmas to me I guess!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 02:50 PM

You're not the only one as I've recently ordered:

Requiem for a Dream
X-Men Quadrilogy
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Lost in Translation
Lost: Complete Seasons 1-6
Psychoville: Series 1 and 2

I've no idea how many hours of viewing that is - the six seasons of Lost is just under 88 hours alone!

Baseball Fury 6th December 2011 04:08 PM

It's 88 hours of awesome!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 202029)
It's 88 hours of awesome!

True and, as it's been ages since I saw the first season, I think it'll be best if I watch them in blocks of about four hours a day, every day until I get from the pilot until the end. I think it's a show which is so addictive, I won't be able to take a break anyway!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 05:04 PM

I have never seen an episode of Lost... :behindsofa:

Refused 6th December 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 202044)

Me neither, haha. I missed the first few episodes, and then it seemed like too much of an effort to get into it. I did the same thing with Game of Thrones.
Now though, the effort of catching up with Lost seems monumental. I don't think I'll ever get round to it! I'll stick with King of the Hill for now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 202044)

That could be a good thing or a very bad thing. On the plus side, you won't feel compelled to spend about £50 on the complete box set but, on the other hand, you're missing out on one of the finest TV shows ever made!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 05:12 PM

I've had Season 1 Part 1 on my Love Film queue on low priority for a while now. I'll have to bump it up to high priority when I feel in the mood for getting stuck into it!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 202048)
I've had Season 1 Part 1 on my Love Film queue on low priority for a while now. I'll have to bump it up to high priority when I feel in the mood for getting stuck into it!

That's a good idea as, when you've seen those episodes, you'll either fancy going to Zavvi and buying all six seasons or really not be bothered about the show at all and save yourself just over 50 quid!

Baseball Fury 6th December 2011 05:43 PM

You should definitely get on Game of Thrones, it's being repeated again in Feb on Sky Atlantic, and it's only 6 or 7 episodes, and it's the best show I've seen since The Wire.