Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 13th December 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 203302)
Stan the Man loved that ratio eh?

Kubrick composed his films for both theatrical and fullscreen presentation. The reason being was that he didn't want his films pan-and-scanned for TV, so he would dual compose his films so that it could be matted for full theatrical presentation and opened up to fullscreen for TV, so either way his vision wouldn't be compromised. So, for most of his films, either ratio could be considered the correct ratio.

Gold6082 13th December 2011 03:37 AM

Slime city massacre
Patrick Still Lives
Ghosthouse 666 X KULT Hardbox
Short night of the glass dolls

all turned up yesterday

napalm-in-the-morning 13th December 2011 05:58 AM

Conan, the new 2011 version. Great first twenty mins then falls completely flat like a dull episode of the old Hercules tv show. A big let-down with a bland Conan who is so lacking in charisma. Very disappointing. Lots of cheap looking digital matte work didn't help either. Yuck. Awful rubbish and an insult to Howard and his writing. Wish I had just rented instead of bought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul@TheOverlook 13th December 2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 203351)
Kubrick composed his films for both theatrical and fullscreen presentation. The reason being was that he didn't want his films pan-and-scanned for TV, so he would dual compose his films so that it could be matted for full theatrical presentation and opened up to fullscreen for TV, so either way his vision wouldn't be compromised. So, for most of his films, either ratio could be considered the correct ratio.

That is if you overlook the truly horrible fullscreen versions of Spartacus and 2001. You are right of course but what you're saying is really only applicable to A Clockwork Orange and the subsequent films thereafter ;)

PaulD 13th December 2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 203338)
Good purchase my friend, a superb film indeed. In fact you've reminded me to pick this one up myself

Picked up the bluray brand new from a PlayTrade seller for just over £4. Worth seeing if they have anymore or someone else selling it at a similar price.

Handyman Joe 13th December 2011 10:47 AM

2 arrivals - Day of the Dead US Blu (sorry Arrow but the Romero commentery was a deal breaker for me) and the J-Horror Confessions which I can't wait to see - on a big Asian kick at the moment.

antmumford 13th December 2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 203383)
Picked up the bluray brand new from a PlayTrade seller for just over £4. Worth seeing if they have anymore or someone else selling it at a similar price.

£4.99 on Playtrade or same price at choicesuk.com. Problem with this release is that I know it comes with a slipcover and I'm a bit OCD when it comes to slips and am determined to always get a slip release if it was originally released with one. I may to have to grab this only in a shop or on eBay just to make sure.
I'm so sad :loco:

EDIT: This reminds me, does anyone own Man On Fire on Blu-ray with a slipcover? If so would you be willing to part with your slip??

nekromantik 13th December 2011 02:04 PM

Just placed me pre-order for this for £8! :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...iL._SS400_.jpg

Exp I getting the UK steely so it will have triple play banner at the top sadly, hopefully the banner is just a paper sheet instead of on the actual steely.

Gojirosan 13th December 2011 03:16 PM

Alien Anthology and Zombie (Flesh Eaters) Blus arrived this morning.

:cool:

sawyer6 13th December 2011 05:47 PM

My arrow video order along with the 2012 diary shipped today:woot: