Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Ken 18th February 2010 01:45 PM

Nice find Ant, I have bookmarked this place now. :thumb:

bdc 18th February 2010 05:03 PM

Milano trema: La polizia vuole giustizia (Neo,R2)
Milano odia: La polizia non può sparare (Neo,R2)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th February 2010 07:51 PM

I buy most of my BR R0 from Movietyme.
Quite quick,reliable and not rip off merchants.
Ken let us know what you think of TLDATMM mate.....

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2010 10:50 PM

Since Who Dares Wins is out soon,I thought I'd get another classic Britsh movie,The Wild Geese....and while I was at it,Wild Geese II,just to be a completist :D

42ndStreetFreak 18th February 2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 63394)
Since Who Dares Wins is out soon,I thought I'd get another classic Britsh movie,The Wild Geese...

Love "The Wild Geese"!
A top class action/war film with a stunning cast on fine form, (Moore gives a very underrated, often tough, performance), great locations, memorable characters and nicely violent action.

Glad the film changed the end of the novel though, as in an already tough, rather bleak and cynical film...the REALLY dour ending to the novel would have not made for very much entertainment.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2010 10:59 PM

I've not seen the film in 20yrs :eek: so looking forward to watching it again. :nod:

antmumford 18th February 2010 10:59 PM

Guy Ritchie's career appears to be on the rise following his divorce from Madonna - he has been lined up to direct a remake of 1978 hit movie The Wild Geese.The filmmaker, who split from the singer last year (08), has recently finished shooting Sherlock Holmes - which stars Robert Downey Jr. as the detective and Jude Law as Watson.And now Ritchie has agreed to take on the eagerly anticipated remake of The Wild Geese, about a group of mercenaries in Africa - and it's set to feature a host of Hollywood A-list stars, according to the Daily Telegraph.A source tells the publication, "It will be Guy's biggest film to date with a budget that will buy him some real star names. He is on a roll after completing Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. and is thrilled about this."

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2010 11:00 PM

Hmmmmmm I wonder If Jason Statham will be in it?...................Of course he probably will!

antmumford 18th February 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 63398)
Hmmmmmm I wonder If Jason Statham will be in it?...................Of course he probably will!

Lol! Of course, although he didn't appear in Sherlock so maybe not. I guess we'll see

vincenzo 18th February 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 63395)
Love "The Wild Geese"!

Me too. I would rank this, together with 1984 and Equus, among Burton's best later performances.

Most of the same supporting cast reunited in The Sea Wolves (which is more like Dad's Wild Geese Army). :lol: