Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

VicDakin 29th December 2011 07:26 AM

MAD MAX (1979)

6 Attachment(s)
MAD MAX (1979)
Luving the blu of MAD MAX (1979)

ReturnToZero 29th December 2011 08:30 AM

Actually the company that distributed their titles, Njutafilms, is releasing those titles next year. And as they are Njutafilms releases the subtitles may not be burnt in :)

Njutafilms » 077 Bob Fleming: Vår man i Casablanca

Njutafilms » Daughter of the Jungle

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th December 2011 10:22 AM

In the past hour, I went to Play.com with the intention of not buying anything but, after looking through the first 20 odd pages of the Blu-ray sale, picked up The Departed, Final Destination (the first one) and Sexy Beast.

So much for self-control!

Slippery Jack 29th December 2011 11:33 AM

As a prize to myself for staying away from the play.com sale, I pre-ordered Melancholia from hmv :lol: . . .

nekromantik 29th December 2011 12:34 PM

I loved Attack the Block, I normally dislike films like Hot Fuzz type comedy but I thought it was very well made and the difference is that in the end the "bad kids" kinda redeemed themselves if only just a bit. This got a huge reception in the US and I think its just UK people who found it annoying. So glad I saw it in the cinema!

Slippery Jack 29th December 2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 206359)
in the end the "bad kids" kinda redeemed themselves if only just a bit.

Yeah, think that was handled just right, without any hint of schmaltz or cheese. Wish I'd seen it at the cinema (in a double-bill with The Troll Hunter :nod:) . . .

nekromantik 29th December 2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 206361)
Yeah, think that was handled just right, without any hint of schmaltz or cheese. Wish I'd seen it at the cinema (in a double-bill with The Troll Hunter :nod:) . . .

:lol:
sure it was cheesy but hey each to their town

Make Them Die Slowly 29th December 2011 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered this.

Slippery Jack 29th December 2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 206364)
:lol:
sure it was cheesy but hey each to their town

Nah I was saying I didn't think it was cheesy! I thought it was handled just right. I'm in the PRO Attack the Block club (6th in my top 10 of the year) :cool: . . .

nekromantik 29th December 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 206371)
Nah I was saying I didn't think it was cheesy! I thought it was handled just right. I'm in the PRO Attack the Block club (6th in my top 10 of the year) :cool: . . .

ah i thought it was sarcasm :lol: