Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 29th December 2011 06:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of cheapies post Chrimbo, £3 each.(Q now has the BU cover)

it'smebilly 29th December 2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 206261)
A lot of people have stated that their releases can take up to 5 weeks to deliver so doubt any would be sent yet especially as it's Christmas and all

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Cheers, will relax a little for now then.;)

nekromantik 29th December 2011 08:23 PM

Stephen when was your Fright Night dispatched?
Im worried about my Intruder blu! It was dispatched via Priority mail on 8th December from blurayforeveryone and has yet to turn up!

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th December 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 206456)
Stephen when was your Fright Night dispatched?
Im worried about my Intruder blu! It was dispatched via Priority mail on 8th December from blurayforeveryone and has yet to turn up!

9th of December. Taking it's sweet ass time!

nekromantik 29th December 2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 206458)
9th of December. Taking it's sweet ass time!

one day after mine!
lets see who gets first ha ha
where did you order from?
I already emailed blurayforeveryone to tell them I not got it yet.

Nemesis 29th December 2011 10:54 PM

Ordered:

Fascination blu
Guilty of Romance blu
Grapes of death
Four of the apocalypse
In the folds of the flesh
Doctor Who Revisitations Vol 2

Pre-ordered:

Four flies on grey velvet blu
The Conformist blu/dvd
Her private hell blu/dvd
Repo man blu steel
Accatone blu/dvd

Also picked up X-men first class in HMV today.

keirarts 29th December 2011 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Highly reccomended on blu-ray (or even dvd) comes The guard directed by John michael Mcdonagh and starring brendan gleeson, Don cheedle, Mark strong and Liam cunningham.

Attachment 36273

An Irish Black comedy (which should be a reccomendation in itself) that stars the always excellent Gleeson as sergent gerry boyle an easy going policeman not adverse to dropping acid at acident scenes and taking a day off to hole up in a hotail with two hookers. Into town comes FBI agent wendell everett (don cheadle) on the trail of a group of international cocaine smugglers (mark strong and liam cunningham) as one might expect in the tradition of good buddy movies the pair dont get along at first but soon become friends as they get to know each other.

Despite the cliche of every traditional buddy movie, The guard is a dark and funny movie with a sharp and intelligent sense of humour. Gleeson is supurb as a small town cop whose jovial and seemingly simple nature masks an inteligent an honest copper whose one step ahead of everyone around him. The film has some excellent dialouge and a great soundtrack plus plenty of homages to westerns in its style and a really entertaining finale.

The blu-ray looks and sounds fantastic and comes with a commentary track, behhind the scenes featurette, outtakes, delted scenes and a short movie so plenty there in terms of extras.

I had a great deal of fun with this movie and highly reccomend it to anyoneone here!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th December 2011 08:23 AM

Here mate-put you in the mood for some mindless Golan Globus action!

The Delta Force - Alan Silvestri - YouTube

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th December 2011 09:23 AM

The posts about Black Dynamite in the What films have you seen recently? thread reminded me how much I liked it when I rented it from Lovefilm, so I bought a copy for the princely sum of £2.99!

Slippery Jack 30th December 2011 09:38 AM

Attack the Block just turned up, along with the first issue of my Xmas Sight & Sound subscription (though no free gift Alice BD yet :()...