Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Scyther 2nd January 2012 02:52 PM

Was thinking of ordering Sirpa Lane in The Beast and Corman's Lethal Ladies collection from Amazon this week, and might use today's day off work to venture out and pick up Malabimba from the store before someone snags it. :)

Slippery Jack 2nd January 2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 206997)
A massive favourite of Stephen Thrower and a huge recommendation from me too (for what that's worth) - Death Bed - The Bed That Eats - an absolutely superb underground gem from the 70s.

What region is that? Any good deals floating around? Reminds me, I still have Messiah of Evil unwatched. Need to get back into Nightmare USA now I'm about done with Nightmare Movies . . .

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd January 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 206997)
A massive favourite of Stephen Thrower and a huge recommendation from me too (for what that's worth) - Death Bed - The Bed That Eats - an absolutely superb underground gem from the 70s.

I also came across two books this morning in a second hand shop:

Landis's Monsters In The Movies for a bargain £10 and Danny Peary's third volume of Cult Movies, which has a fascinating piece on Liquid Sky. this was only £4.50 and I pounced on it as the cheapest copy on Amazon Marketplace is £75!!! :eek:

"Death Bed" is an amazing film. If you've not seen it people, you are in for a real treat.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 207015)
"Death Bed" is an amazing film. If you've not seen it people, you are in for a real treat.

It can't be any worse than the Stuart Gordon flick of the same name. - truly awful.

Phurious 2nd January 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 207011)
What region is that? Any good deals floating around? Reminds me, I still have Messiah of Evil unwatched. Need to get back into Nightmare USA now I'm about done with Nightmare Movies . . .

It hovers around the £10/$10 mark on Amazon.com - it's a region 1 NTSC and this version has Stephen Thrower's Cyclobe music project provide music for the end credits.

keirarts 2nd January 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 206909)
There's nothing in that attachment - what was the biker movie which cost £2?

girl boss guerilla, I reposted the pic, screw up at my end sorry!

keirarts 2nd January 2012 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also watched my fox us disc of mr vampire, excellent picture quality and subs.

Attachment 37032

Still one of my favourite horror comedy's, and some excellent kung fu and stunts.

Got me in the mood for bride with white hair, found the first fairly cheap but part 2 is much dearer, no idea why.

perhaps arrow should consider them for a double bill or blu-ray release?!

keirarts 2nd January 2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 206994)
I still not seen the remake!
Guess its not a loss really though.

Thin the origional but done less creatively all round.

The ONLY good thing about the remake is the cameo from john morghen aka giovanni lombardo radice, and thats right at the beginning so you dont need to see the rest of the crappy movie! :lol:

PaulD 2nd January 2012 06:19 PM

Was in HMV earlier and picked up Brode of Reanimator, Tartan Grindhouse edition for £3!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_SL160_.jpg

Scyther 2nd January 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 207036)
Thin the origional but done less creatively all round.

The ONLY good thing about the remake is the cameo from john morghen aka giovanni lombardo radice, and thats right at the beginning so you dont need to see the rest of the crappy movie! :lol:

Seconded! :clap: