Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Scyther 2nd January 2012 06:02 PM

Oh, and speaking of which. I did an interview with Mr. Lombardo Radice (somewhat) recently! Posting a thread about it under 'Horror Media' in the Tannery, but figured I'd post it here, as well, in case anyone wanted to check it out!

Giovanni Lombardo Radice talks career; sequel to House On the Edge of the Park - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

Slippery Jack 2nd January 2012 07:22 PM

First buy of the year (thanks to Phurious - I'll probably end up buying Death Bed soon too :loco:), bit the bullet and splashed out on Tartan's 4 disc set of Lars Von Trier's E Trilogy . . .

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd January 2012 07:54 PM

The E-Trilogy is a very nice set, SJ.

Speaking of Lars Von Trier, has anyone seen his excellent series Riget (The Kingdom)? Highly recommended.

ReturnToZero 2nd January 2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 206855)
Girl bos guerilla.

Attachment 36867

whoops.! :confused:

That's probably my favorite PV flick. Great purchase!

nekromantik 2nd January 2012 08:05 PM

ha ha
Not gonna buy the remake just to see the start so may rent it :)

Phurious 2nd January 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 207112)
First buy of the year (thanks to Phurious - I'll probably end up buying Death Bed soon too :loco:), bit the bullet and splashed out on Tartan's 4 disc set of Lars Von Trier's E Trilogy . . .

I wouldn't mind seeing the whole of his degree show film, but I see it's on one of the Cinema 16 volumes, so I might get that.

Great purchase though mate, and I can't recommend Death Bed enough, genuinely a must-see. :nod:

Slippery Jack 2nd January 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 207131)
Speaking of Lars Von Trier, has anyone seen his excellent series Riget (The Kingdom)? Highly recommended.

Yeah, I got the Danish 4 disc complete series set years ago, but still only seen series 1 :crazy: should get round to a rewatch sometime soon...

sawyer6 2nd January 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 207150)
Yeah, I got the Danish 4 disc complete series set years ago, but still only seen series 1 :crazy: should get round to a rewatch sometime soon...

Be warned that there was supposed to be a third season, so there's no ending!But still great!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd January 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 207032)
girl boss guerilla, I reposted the pic, screw up at my end sorry!

Ah, thanks for that. I love the title!

keirarts 3rd January 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 207046)
Oh, and speaking of which. I did an interview with Mr. Lombardo Radice (somewhat) recently! Posting a thread about it under 'Horror Media' in the Tannery, but figured I'd post it here, as well, in case anyone wanted to check it out!

Giovanni Lombardo Radice talks career; sequel to House On the Edge of the Park - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

Fantastic interview, an excellent read.
worth a look is giovanni's commentary track on the grindhouse ferox disc, one of the better commentary tracks, very funny and insightful.