Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 3rd January 2012 07:32 AM

i'll be keeping my omen boxset it only cost me £3 for parts 1-4 and the remake. (still no idea why their not on the blu-ray set.) That said i will eventually upgrade to the u.k omen blu-rays, really do not care for the fourth or the remake at all, having the dvd set will just be for completists sake.

keirarts 3rd January 2012 07:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 207176)
Ah, thanks for that. I love the title!

Still couldent believe i found it in a charity shop! Along with the euroshock image jess franco box set one of my weirder charity shop finds for sure. Damnned good little movie, though i'm fond of 70's japanese cinema in general, especially the Hanzo movies, lone wolf and female prisoner flicks. I also have quite a few sonny chiba karate movies all of which are excellent, I do have a soft spot for karate warriors, a retelling of yojimbo set in a washed up port town overun with two yakuza familys. Fantastic movie, very well shot and has a supurbly bleak ending.

Off topic somewhat, I ended up splurging some more before new year came around properly and I have to start budgeting a lot more.

Picked up the blu-ray boxset of Dirty harry off amazon for £13.99!
The vampires, mummies and monsters collection. (includes velvet vampire a movie I havent seen in 17 years or more) Manhunter on blu-ray (because unless optimum have dropped the ball, this should look amazing in high def.) and bride with white hair. Also pre-orderd Thou shalt not kill... from horror movie empire $15! worth it for sam raimi's mental acting alone!

Attachment 37134

Attachment 37135

Attachment 37136

Attachment 37137

Handyman Joe 3rd January 2012 08:32 AM

Trudged round town yesterday and only had a 3 quid blu of Elephant to show for it. Wanted The Skin I Live In blu but not prepared to spend 18 quid, will bide my time. Spent a book token on that BFI 100 Cult Films book - recommend this, great selection, including stuff like Begotten and Nekromantik alongside Casablanca and Dirty Dancing! Only complaint, too many nearly blank pages - it's as if their photo budget ran out.

sawyer6 3rd January 2012 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally some xmas gifts:tongue1:.The photo is a lobby card from the movie Hudson's Bay and Fantastic Factory from the Christmas comp!

PaulD 3rd January 2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 207194)
Finally some xmas gifts:tongue1:.The photo is a lobby card from the movie Hudson's Bay and Fantastic Factory from the Christmas comp!

That Fantastic Factory set is great - hours of enjoyment in it. I won it on a comp on here when it was first released.

sawyer6 3rd January 2012 09:37 AM

Cool :)

nekromantik 3rd January 2012 10:17 AM

no Intruder yet.
I think its official, royal mail has lost or stolen me limited work print edition!
I cant get a refund or replacement from blurayforeveryone so have to try calling bank and see if I can chargeback. otherwise I lost £30!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd January 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 207195)
That Fantastic Factory set is great - hours of enjoyment in it. I won it on a comp on here when it was first released.

I watched all four films back-to-back a couple of days ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. I should probably do the same sometime soon with the commentaries and then check out the other extra features.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd January 2012 10:33 AM

Arachnid was a fun little film, even if I do have a severe phobia of spiders!

PaulD 3rd January 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 207205)
no Intruder yet.
I think its official, royal mail has lost or stolen me limited work print edition!
I cant get a refund or replacement from blurayforeveryone so have to try calling bank and see if I can chargeback. otherwise I lost £30!

They're probably still just getting rid of the Christmas backlog. I was expecting loads of stuff this morning and only received a Tesco clubcard statement :(