Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:32 AM
Cult Addict

i'll be keeping my omen boxset it only cost me £3 for parts 1-4 and the remake. (still no idea why their not on the blu-ray set.) That said i will eventually upgrade to the u.k omen blu-rays, really do not care for the fourth or the remake at all, having the dvd set will just be for completists sake.
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:47 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Ah, thanks for that. I love the title!
Still couldent believe i found it in a charity shop! Along with the euroshock image jess franco box set one of my weirder charity shop finds for sure. Damnned good little movie, though i'm fond of 70's japanese cinema in general, especially the Hanzo movies, lone wolf and female prisoner flicks. I also have quite a few sonny chiba karate movies all of which are excellent, I do have a soft spot for karate warriors, a retelling of yojimbo set in a washed up port town overun with two yakuza familys. Fantastic movie, very well shot and has a supurbly bleak ending.

Off topic somewhat, I ended up splurging some more before new year came around properly and I have to start budgeting a lot more.

Picked up the blu-ray boxset of Dirty harry off amazon for £13.99!
The vampires, mummies and monsters collection. (includes velvet vampire a movie I havent seen in 17 years or more) Manhunter on blu-ray (because unless optimum have dropped the ball, this should look amazing in high def.) and bride with white hair. Also pre-orderd Thou shalt not kill... from horror movie empire $15! worth it for sam raimi's mental acting alone!

bridewithwhitehair.jpg

dirtyharry.jpg

manhunter.jpg

vampiresmummiesect...jpg
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:32 AM
Active Cultist

Trudged round town yesterday and only had a 3 quid blu of Elephant to show for it. Wanted The Skin I Live In blu but not prepared to spend 18 quid, will bide my time. Spent a book token on that BFI 100 Cult Films book - recommend this, great selection, including stuff like Begotten and Nekromantik alongside Casablanca and Dirty Dancing! Only complaint, too many nearly blank pages - it's as if their photo budget ran out.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Finally some xmas gifts.The photo is a lobby card from the movie Hudson's Bay and Fantastic Factory from the Christmas comp!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00079.jpg (97.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Finally some xmas gifts.The photo is a lobby card from the movie Hudson's Bay and Fantastic Factory from the Christmas comp!
That Fantastic Factory set is great - hours of enjoyment in it. I won it on a comp on here when it was first released.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Cool
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

no Intruder yet.
I think its official, royal mail has lost or stolen me limited work print edition!
I cant get a refund or replacement from blurayforeveryone so have to try calling bank and see if I can chargeback. otherwise I lost £30!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That Fantastic Factory set is great - hours of enjoyment in it. I won it on a comp on here when it was first released.
I watched all four films back-to-back a couple of days ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. I should probably do the same sometime soon with the commentaries and then check out the other extra features.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:33 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arachnid was a fun little film, even if I do have a severe phobia of spiders!
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
no Intruder yet.
I think its official, royal mail has lost or stolen me limited work print edition!
I cant get a refund or replacement from blurayforeveryone so have to try calling bank and see if I can chargeback. otherwise I lost £30!
They're probably still just getting rid of the Christmas backlog. I was expecting loads of stuff this morning and only received a Tesco clubcard statement

Like this? Share it using the links below!