Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 22nd February 2010 05:14 PM

is that the uncut realm of the senses vince, good film though, saw on film 4 extreme many moons ago..

vincenzo 22nd February 2010 09:57 PM

I picked up the UK one (I have the censored scene on a compilation disc). The UK print is completely uncut in terms of sexual content but features an optical zoom shot during the scene with the boy.

pedromonkey 22nd February 2010 10:57 PM

that's the one they showed on film 4, i need to get this film...

vincenzo 22nd February 2010 11:09 PM

Still extremely strong stuff today.

Gigantor 23rd February 2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazon2709 (Post 64001)
I hope I'm not going to get your hopes up....but I rather enjoyed Frankenfish. Think Piranha....but dafter...

yeah I completely agree

Gigantor 23rd February 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazon2709 (Post 63998)
Shock Festival....loads of Grindhouse style trailers on 2 Discs and a bonus MP3 disc full of radio trailers....great stuff!

Beyond the Rave....Hammer's return originally an internet series of shorts. Altogether as one long film, (only downside is that they have the chapter bits every five minutes or so.) surprisingly good too. Reasonable extras including a code to download the soundtrack (Pete Tong style rave/dance music) Available from Hammer's website.

Yeah SHOCK FESTIVAL is high on my to buy list

mazon2709 23rd February 2010 09:20 AM

Run Bitch Run....retro 70s style revenge flick. Shot soft focus and with overlong scenes just like the old days. The acting was terrible too! Some nasty scenes and uncomfortable to watch at times.

I'm not sure whether I liked it or not, all the elements were there for a good retro nasty. Something was missing though.

Worth pointing out the rather good XXX trailer (which I'm sure you can find online) and a sneak preview of Nude Nuns with Big Guns (some of which appear in the Run Bitch Run film itself, projected on the wall of a character's room.)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd February 2010 10:04 AM

Recieved Arrow's The Wild Geese-Special Edition and Optimum's Wild Geese II this morning,so that's tonights viewing sorted. :woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd February 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazon2709 (Post 64154)
Run Bitch Run....retro 70s style revenge flick. Shot soft focus and with overlong scenes just like the old days. The acting was terrible too! Some nasty scenes and uncomfortable to watch at times.

I'm not sure whether I liked it or not, all the elements were there for a good retro nasty. Something was missing though.

Worth pointing out the rather good XXX trailer (which I'm sure you can find online) and a sneak preview of Nude Nuns with Big Guns (some of which appear in the Run Bitch Run film itself, projected on the wall of a character's room.)

I watched this recently too mazon, and also found it lacking 'something'... :ohwell:

42ndStreetFreak 23rd February 2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 64168)
I watched this recently too mazon, and also found it lacking 'something'... :ohwell:

Got it on order from HMV Online. Currently out of stock.
Not sure about it, but for £4.99 it's worth a try.

*EDIT* OOOOOO....Scratch that. Just got an Email saying it's on the way. Groovy.