Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

the blob 16th January 2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 209725)
for anyone whose not seen it yet, the origional taking of pelham with robert shaw and walter matthau is a fanastic piece of cinema. Its been remade twice. Once for tv (ok, but not great) and again more recently (and much more entertainingly) by tony scott. The origional is still the best though.

I still haven't got hold of the US disc so I'll be putting in an order for sure. Bargain price for one of the best 70's thrillers. My age-old non-anamorphic DVD will be laid to rest!

Daemonia 16th January 2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 209616)

Fantastic film, head and shoulders above the tepid remake. Matthau and Shaw's verbal sparring is riveting and Shaw is as ruthless as Matthau is determined. Definitely picking this up on Blu!

BioZombie 16th January 2012 02:27 PM

Ordered a Pulp Fiction steel book BD from Ebay and Return of the Living Dead Part 3 on DVD from Amazon today.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th January 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 209739)
Ordered a Pulp Fiction steel book BD from Ebay and Return of the Living Dead Part 3 on DVD from Amazon today.

I watched Return of the Living Dead 3 on Saturday. (My third disc of this film, i got rid of my last copy as i presumed a decent widescreen version would eventually be available. But no.)

Still a cracking film with a very good picture quality even if it is 4:3 ratio. IMO its the best of the three movies. Very good effects and a fairly swift pacing thanks to Yuzna's snappy direction.

Come on Arrow this film desperately deserves your attention.

antmumford 16th January 2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 209748)
I watched Return of the Living Dead 3 on Saturday. (My third disc of this film, i got rid of my last copy as i presumed a decent widescreen version would eventually be available. But no.)

Still a cracking film with a very good picture quality even if it is 4:3 ratio. IMO its the best of the three movies. Very good effects and a fairly swift pacing thanks to Yuzna's snappy direction.

Come on Arrow this film desperately deserves your attention.

Totally agree mate, really didn't like the 1st although I haven't seen the 2nd, 4th and 5th yet.

James Morton 16th January 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 209734)
Fantastic film, head and shoulders above the tepid remake. Matthau and Shaw's verbal sparring is riveting and Shaw is as ruthless as Matthau is determined. Definitely picking this up on Blu!

yes, the original is a brilliant fast paced heist thriller
the music is very much 70's but went very well with the film
I really haven't seen the remake nor do I intend to
Matthau, Shaw, Balsam, Elizondo are all great
forgotten the other guy!
a must for bd
shame no extras

keirarts 16th January 2012 03:56 PM

just got my birthday prezzies.

Grindhouse on blu-ray.

The strange world of gurney slade and this little oddity......

Death Scream [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]: Amazon.co.uk: Artist Not Provided: Film & TV

A bunch of public domain films like don't look in the basement in some lovely packaging....

apparently a random purchase by one of my mates...

bdc 16th January 2012 04:36 PM

Happy b-day! :party:

Nordicdusk 16th January 2012 04:54 PM

Happy birthday great present you got there.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th January 2012 04:59 PM

Happy Birthday keirarts! :party: