Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 23rd February 2010 04:25 PM

found a couple of quid lying around so decided to treat me self....

i picked up...

Supernova
Where Eagles Dare (finally have this now)
The Wild Bunch
Identity
Bottom Live 2003: weapons grade y-fronts
Lee Mack Live
Black Jack (anime)

can't wait till friday....payday!!!!!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd February 2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 64202)
Got it on order from HMV Online. Currently out of stock.
Not sure about it, but for £4.99 it's worth a try.

*EDIT* OOOOOO....Scratch that. Just got an Email saying it's on the way. Groovy.

Yeah I pre-ordered mine from HMV purely on the back of the, frankly awesome trailer. At £4.99 I'd say it was worth it too. :nod:

Be interesting to know what you think of it when it comes 42nd! :)

Ken 23rd February 2010 11:03 PM

Received this morning, Cannibal Holocaust 2 disc Special Edition Ultrabit 450/4,000 (Perfect Condition, Well Happy) :happy:

mazon2709 24th February 2010 07:57 AM

Received and watched (lastnight) Clive Barker's Book of Blood (8/10) I thought it was interesting and definitely tried to do something different with the Haunting type genre. I was expecting buckets of blood from a Clive Barker movie and in a way that's what I got. But not in a hellraiser way....Has a few nasty moments for the gore hounds among you, which I won't go into (as I don't like to spoil movies for others)

Bluray picture was excellent by the way. And it is nice to see Romero's old mate John Harrison back in the director's chair.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 64158)
Recieved Arrow's The Wild Geese-Special Edition and Optimum's Wild Geese II this morning,so that's tonights viewing sorted. :woot:

Cracking double bill mate.
One I frequent on a Sunday afternoon.
I love all Euan Lloyd produced films.

42ndStreetFreak 24th February 2010 06:48 PM

"Wolf Hound"

"Extras: Christmas Special" - 99p from the '99p Store'.

mbv 24th February 2010 09:18 PM

picked up
Up( the kids movie, sadly not the russ meyer classic:laugh:) amazing picture quality on this
AVP Requiem
American werewolf in London

vincenzo 24th February 2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64362)
I love all Euan Lloyd produced films.

His daughter pops up in both Who Dares Wins and Wild Geese. She was also in Inseminoid too.

Daemonia 25th February 2010 01:09 PM

Final Destination looked great in hi-def. If you like the film it's worth the upgrade.

Black Rain - Hadn't seen this in years and remembered it being pretty good, so I got this BD in a trade. The film is as good as I remembered it and the transfer is nothing short of stunning, one of the very best Blu's I've seen yet.

Suspiria - This looks and sounds ace. I see what people mean by the odd moment seeming to have too high contrast. Overall though it looks amazing. And that screencap that's going round showing how bad the contrast levels are? Well, that's a lightning flash - busted! Seems like whoever took that screencap wasn't paying attention. Tut tut. :nono:

Pete 25th February 2010 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 63460)
That'll be a great bargain if it is!

Who else have release the uncut version?

It was the BU edition:dance:

Cant see myself getting a better bargain than that again this year

(Not the biggest fan of the film though, It's a bit boring)

Attachment 4704

Other recent purchases:

Sadomania (Shock) Its shorter cut but I liked the cover.
Vampyros Lesbos - Second Sight