Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 06:10 AM

I just took advantage of Eureka's new release sale where most dual format Masters of Cinema releases are £10.99. I got:

Mad Detective
La Silence De La Mer
Make Way For Tomorrow
Harakiri
Profound Desire Of The Gods
City Girl
Tokyo Sonata
The Burmese Harp

Disapproving looks from my girlfriend
A lecture about saving money

sawyer6 25th January 2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211500)
I just took advantage of Eureka's new release sale where most dual format Masters of Cinema releases are £10.99. I got:

Mad Detective
La Silence De La Mer
Make Way For Tomorrow
Harakiri
Profound Desire Of The Gods
City Girl
Tokyo Sonata
The Burmese Harp

Disapproving looks from my girlfriend
A lecture about saving money

So did you complete the collection with these ?

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 06:31 AM

Not even close, I've got about 16 with these.

sawyer6 25th January 2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211502)
Not even close, I've got about 16 with these.

You're good.I need to buy the last 6 dvds so to start collecting the blu-rays.I have only 5!!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 07:20 AM

I don't plan to buy all of Eureka's releases and only have 10 of their BDs, so far, with 1 in the post (Two-Lane Blacktop) and another 3 on pre-order (Double Indemnity, Lost Weekend and Repo Man)

I currently have:

Bad Boy Bubby
M
Mad Detective
Metropolis
Paranoiac
La planète sauvage
Shogun Assassin
Silent Running
Touch of Evil
Vengeance is Mine

I definitely need to pick up Harakiri at some point, too.

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 08:31 AM

There's a few I'm not massively fussed about, like The World and Un Femme Marie from the MoC range, and a couple of the Eureka releases like Junebug and Mark Twain, but most of the MoC stuff I'll get in time. The ones I have currently are:

MOC

La Silence De La Mer (DF)
City Girl (DF)
Profound Desire Of The Gods (DF)
The Burmese Harp (DF)
Hara-kiri (DF)
Make Way For Tomorrow (DF)
Tokyo Sonata (DF)
Mad Detective (DF)
M (DF)
Punishment Park (DF)
Sunrise (DF)
Pigs and Battleships (DF)
Touch of Evil (steel)
Silent Running (steel)
Two Lane Blacktop (steel)
Metropolis (blu)

Repo Man (steel) pre-ordered

Non-MOC

Shogun Assassin (steel)
Prince Valiant (blu)

I'll definitely be ordering all of the English language ones that were announced yesterday, which are Double Indemnity, The Lost Weekend, Lifeboat and Island of Lost Souls (all steel), as well as Sansho The Bailiff.

PaulD 25th January 2012 08:53 AM

Can you order the Repo Man steelbook directly from Euerka and is it any cheaper than Amazon? I'm having trouble finding the right page on their site

EDIT: Nevermind - found it! Not the best laid-out website is it?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 09:23 AM

I have all but two or three of the Masters of Cinema releases from Eureka and, when I figure out what they all are, I'll put a list up here as well.

kingofwitches666 25th January 2012 11:08 AM

HMV have despatched my Drive steelbook. Hopefully, I should have it for a weekend viewing along with my Two-Lane Blacktop steely which should arrive today. :D

kingofwitches666 25th January 2012 11:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 211546)
I should have it for a weekend viewing along with my Two-Lane Blacktop steely which should arrive today. :D

Well speak of the devil & he shall appear, postie has just delivered my Two-Lane Blacktop steely! I think I should mention how good the packaging was as I know this can be a concern for certain people, especially with steelbooks.

I ordered it from Amazon, who I know don't always get stuff to you on date of release or before (I'm a cheap skate, I always use the free postage option anyway) but I can't argue with their packaging, especially with my steelbook. No rattling around in there.
:)