Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th February 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 64580)
I've just ordered some Ozploitation Classics!!

Adventures of Barry McKenzie
Turkey Shoot
The Naked Bunyip
Road Games
Harlequin
Night of Fear
Inn of the Dammed
Stone
Razorback
The True Story of Eskimo Nell
Long Weekend
Fantasm
Fantasm Comes Again
The Chain Reaction

:cool:

A nice little haul there ant.:thumb:

Ken 26th February 2010 10:13 AM

Ant, Stone is a one that i have been after for a bit now, A classic Biker movie which i had on VHS and loaned to a mate and never got it back yrs ago. I will be on the lookout for the New dvd release soon, but looks like its gonna be a £20 movie as thats the cheapest i have seen it upto now.

EDIT: lmfao Just went to Ebay typed in Stone on DVD's and managed to pick it up from some guy who said he has watched it once, and had it for buy now £4 for a 2 disc edition Obviously my fingers went like grease lightening lol's

Daemonia 26th February 2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64516)
HMV had it today for a tenner.

I picked it up from HMV online for £5.99. :)

Goodfellas arrived today - one of my all-time favourites, so I can't wait to see this tonight in glorious HD. :banana:

mbv 26th February 2010 12:13 PM

Picked up the Mummy trilogy for 17euro. Couldn't resist at that price

buggenhagen 26th February 2010 12:15 PM

Just watched the UK Blu-Ray of Angel Heart the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. That was the first time I'd seen the movie so don't have any previous releases to rate it on but since the film was a barebones release I didn't expect much (I picked it up a while back from Play.com for £5) but I was pleasantly surprised by how good the film looked and sounded. The film is, unfortunately, cut by 5 seconds which was a compulsory cut to a cockfighting scene - aside from that the film is uncut. Having not seen the film before this small cut made no difference to me.

The US blu-ray from Lionsgate seems to be region free (the UK disc is locked to region b) and is completely uncut, throws in a few extras from the old US Special Edition dvd and includes a 7.1 soundtrack in addition to the 5.1 HD track and 2.0 track from the UK disc. So if you're a fan of the film you probably want to go for the US disc. I believe they both use the same transfer however. I imagine that it's a significant upgrade from previous standard def versions.

For £5 I'd certainly recommend it...

pedromonkey 26th February 2010 01:17 PM

just ordered....

House 2 (ABUK)
Nightmare City (BU)
Shivers
Ray Harryhausen the early years
Doug Mclure fantasy adventure boxset....
(includes Land that time forgot, At the earths core and Warlords of atlantis)
Conan The barbarian uncut 130 min
Scanners 2

just picked up these in blockbuster

Terminator Salvation - 9.99 new
Sorority Row (2009) - 7.00 pre-owned

Sam 26th February 2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64516)
HMV had it today for a tenner.I should have lifted it,but I couldn't resist THE GODFATHER boxset.
That's Sunday's viewing sorted then.....:dog:

Hope your Godfather 2 disc works OK Reaps, mine skipped a load of chapters in the middle. With a bit of luck the manufacturers will have sorted it by now... :pray: Could you let me know if it works as I might buy it again if it does??

Sam 26th February 2010 11:15 PM

Just ordered Return of Ringo from a Thai ebay seller :coolblue: Bit of a gamble quality-wise but for £8.00 delivered, it's worth a punt as I've wanted to see this for a while.

pedromonkey 27th February 2010 12:21 AM

after reading peter neal's review of cut and run, i looked on amazon and found it in a ABUS double with Dead end drive in, another film ive been meaning to see. i also ordered the Rutger Hauer US Zatoichi spin Blind fury.

eNoize 27th February 2010 12:37 AM

Blind Fury is not all that great, but it's quite entertaining as a small piece of the Zatoichi universe.

But I love Dead End Drive-In :thumb: A classic in its own right -- wonderful piece of Ozploitation, especially for a glimpse of what all the New Wave Punks of the future should look like. :lol:

Can't really think of Cut and Run, however. I'm gonna have to order a copy myself.