Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 12:26 PM

True Romance is very soft looking on blu-ray.Some reviews have mistaken it for DNR but it's apparently the way it was filmed.

I like you,Clarence.Always have.........Always will.

darthelvis 1st March 2010 12:55 PM

Just bought new Total Film and got Letter of the Month so looks like I'm getting a copy of Jennifers Body on DVD!

It pays to have the odd wee rant now and again!

42ndStreetFreak 1st March 2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 65084)
Just bought new Total Film and got Letter of the Month so looks like I'm getting a copy of Jennifers Body on DVD!

Congrats!!

"The Horseman" - I loves me a bit of nasty nasty revenge!

"Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon"

vincenzo 1st March 2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 65072)
Four hours though!

The teeth extraction scene alone feels like four hours. :ack:

bdc 1st March 2010 05:57 PM

The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1985) (A-Film,R2)
I watched this a looong time ago,just watched it again and still don't like it... ;)
However I collect the old Dutch A-Film dvd's so it's fun to have it.
Cleopatra 2525 (A-Film,R2)
Cha-Cha (Blowpipe,R2)
4 Film Favorites:Urban Action Collection (Warner,R1)
- Black Belt Jones
- Hot Potato
- Black Samson
- Three The Hard Way
Gojira - Godzilla Classic Collector's Edition (Classic Media,R1)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 64900)
You seen Lost Boys:The Tribe yet Reaps? It's a classic :lol:

It's what fast forward was invented for.;)

From 9am-6pm yesterday I watched THE GODFATHER trilogy.
The best it's ever looked and sounded.:nod:

Vince,a slight smirk appeared on my face.....
'It's a Sicilian message,it means Luca Brazzi sleeps with da fishes...':biggrin:

42ndStreetFreak 1st March 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 65147)
I

From 9am-6pm yesterday I watched THE GODFATHER trilogy.
The best it's ever looked and sounded.:nod:

Vince,a slight smirk appeared on my face.....
'It's a Sicilian message,it means Luca Brazzi sleeps with da fishes...':biggrin:

Recently watched "The Godfather" in it's normal theatrical version (not something I have done for years and years) on the DVD Coppola Restoration and I have to say....it lacked what I had become used to, namely all those fantastic extra scenes that were in the TV 'The epic' version.

The film somehow felt incomplete without such superb sequences as The Don visiting the dying 'consiliere' Genco where in a great moment showing just what power The Don has Genco pleads with him to stay by his bedside so that when Death comes he will see The Don and be too scared to take Genco.

The loss of this scene also makes it very strange as far as Michael and The Don goes, as without their scene together outside in the corridor, despite Michael coming down for the wedding, The Don and Michael never ever meet until late in the film while The Don is recovering.
It's just weird not to have them talk during Michael's wedding trip.

I wish to hell Coppolla would pull the finger out of his arse and redo 'The Epic' on DVD...The film's seem incomplete to me now without these extra scenes. Hell in "G 2" we will no longer see the treasonous bodyguard who tried to blow up Michael assassinated, or a lot of top drama/plot sequences.

Even if he wanted to lose the consecutive timeline editing of 'The Epic' (all the DeNiro parts appear first before we go into "G 1") and do it as the theatrical cut of "G 2"...he could at least include all the extra scenes.

Hey ho...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 09:03 PM

Still classic though....
Yeah all those little extra scenes were superb to see.
You're right.With the technology of Blu Ray,it should give you the option....:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 09:08 PM

And with regards to The Godfather,the added resolution of blu-ray gives you some pretty nice looking player-generated subtitles.I had to look very closely to check see if they were in fact player-gen or burned in,unlike dvd player-gen subs which are ugly as hell.

vincenzo 1st March 2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 65153)
The film somehow felt incomplete without such superb sequences as The Don visiting the dying 'consiliere' Genco where in a great moment showing just what power The Don has Genco pleads with him to stay by his bedside so that when Death comes he will see The Don and be too scared to take Genco.

Hell in "G 2" we will no longer see the treasonous bodyguard who tried to blow up Michael assassinated, or a lot of top drama/plot sequences.

Those two scenes definitely belonged in the movie. The killing of Fabrizzio the bodyguard even appeared in Mario Puzo's novel (though he's shot in the head in the book) and it was crazy to have left it out of the film.