Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

grim 4th March 2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 (Post 221692)
I think I just got the last one at £5.00 :dance:, as its now showing £34.00.

just seen it on amazon, still gonna open and watch em though, the first set though was 20 quid which i may not open due to having multiple copies, which are mostly fulci and zombie holocaust. which is on the ZFEs boxset as an extra. Thanks for observation though.

ReturnToZero 4th March 2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 221602)
The Warning (1980)(Astro R2)My German release of the cult favourite came today & I'm more than happy with it for just over a fiver.
It Came...Without Warning (aka The Warning)(1980) German dvd • Worldwide DVD Forums

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 221609)
Grim cheers for that info - just ordered it

Can you update us on how the quality of this release is when you've watched it? AWE had this on their schedule but put in on ice as the print they got wasn't good enough to be represented for a DVD release.

BioZombie 4th March 2012 09:24 AM

I picked up the Stanley Kubrick Blu Ray boxset in CEX the other day. So far I've watched Eyes Wide Shut Lolita & Clockwork Orange. They all look fantastic, I'm looking forward to watching the rest asap.

Hopefully when I get home today there should be a Blue Under Ground Zombie Blu Ray waiting for me. :woot:

Bringer Of Funerals 4th March 2012 10:33 AM

yeah, i'll let u know

Rik 4th March 2012 06:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd treat myself seeing as I got more from last night's gig than I thought
Attachment 46232

Attachment 46233

Attachment 46234

Scyther 4th March 2012 08:22 PM

Finally broke down and bought the Rollin Blu Rays of Fascination, The Iron Rose and Lips of Blood.

Also picked up Marghetiti's The Last Hunter

Susan Foreman 5th March 2012 12:25 PM

'Taxi Driver' 2 disc special edition - £2.50

mark meakin 5th March 2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 221712)
Can you update us on how the quality of this release is when you've watched it? AWE had this on their schedule but put in on ice as the print they got wasn't good enough to be represented for a DVD release.

I'm more than happy with the quality of THE WARNING & added a link to my screencaps above.however I watched the dvd properly last night & curiously roughly 8 minutes in,the English audio is missing for just under three minutes & reverts to German.Fortunately this German audio only portion is subtitled in English for the whole time this happens.It starts just before Martin Landau appears on screen for the first time & finishes just before Jack Palance makes his first appearance..The print used is relatively damage free bar dust speckles & the night scenes are quite easy to make out.Considering some of the films distributors put out on dvd in a wretched state it looks pretty damn good.I was happy enough with my CODE RED dvd of The Redeemer which was covered in horizontal scratches just because the film was finally out.For the price THE WARNING is well worth it.BTW Reaps did your release have the English audio missing for a few minutes early on ?.

ReturnToZero 5th March 2012 04:05 PM

Thanks!

But i don't see any link to the caps :blush:

mark meakin 5th March 2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 222081)
Thanks!

But i don't see any link to the caps :blush:

It Came...Without Warning (aka The Warning)(1980) German dvd • Worldwide DVD Forums