Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

wongfeihung62 11th March 2012 03:01 PM

Just got the Vampire Circus BD, but as my BD player is not multi region I shall watch the DVD.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th March 2012 03:08 PM

It's a great disc, wong.

Not sure about the DVD, but the BD has a short animated Vampire Circus comic, which is a nice touch.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th March 2012 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to settle down and watch this with a nice glass of Kool Aid.

PaulD 11th March 2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 223452)
I once received High School Musical 2 instead of Blade Runner: 5 Disc Collector's Tin when ordering from Amazon. :crazy:

Was it the collector's edition of High School Music with the director's cut, theatrical cut, Final Cut and the international version along with the rare workprint version too? 'Cause people slag off High School Musical to death but until you've seen these variants you don't know what you're missing.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th March 2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 223481)
Was it the collector's edition of High School Music with the director's cut, theatrical cut, Final Cut and the international version along with the rare workprint version too? 'Cause people slag off High School Musical to death but until you've seen these variants you don't know what you're missing.

:lol:

I probably would have gouged my eyes out and shot myself in the face after/during the first cut, making any potential subsequent cuts null and void!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th March 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 223490)
:lol:

I probably would have gouged my eyes out and shot myself in the face after/during the first cut, making any potential subsequent cuts null and void!

I'm in no position to comment, having never seen any of the High School Musical films, but I'd give them a go.

Also, Mark Kermode likes them and Zac Efron as an actor. I thought he was really good in Me and Orson Welles but, beyond that, I really don't know anything about his acting ability.

Saying that, Kermode also likes the Twilight movies, so…

Baseball Fury 11th March 2012 08:54 PM

I've seen the first one, I thought it was OK! It's no worse than films like Annie or Mamma Mia. Also, Efron is pretty good in Hairspray!

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th March 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 223201)
Raided the cheap bins around town and picked up
TALE OF TWO SISTERS
FINGERPRINTS
BEST OF THE BEST 2

Best Of The Best 2 is great. The R1 special edition is a must have for fans of the film.

I like The French Connection so much, I just bought this (which uses the original poster artwork) after buying the new US blu-ray yesterday.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5c021cc2-1f7c-1ce0.jpg

platostotal 11th March 2012 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picked this up at a car boot today, Redemtion vhs classic £1

keirarts 11th March 2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 223537)
I'm in no position to comment, having never seen any of the High School Musical films, but I'd give them a go.

Also, Mark Kermode likes them and Zac Efron as an actor. I thought he was really good in Me and Orson Welles but, beyond that, I really don't know anything about his acting ability.

Saying that, Kermode also likes the Twilight movies, so…

I like kermode as a critic, but like any critic I dont always agree with him. Kermodes main flaw is he can be something of a 'hipster' I belive the term is. If something is widely regarded as crap, he'll decide he likes it and if something is critically lauded he'll come out and argue it was crap. I think the thing to do is listen to kermodes arguments, i've actually sat through the films as part of my job too and his arguments dont hold up to any major scrutiny, the conslusion I came to was that he'd decided to like these films after hearing a lot of the internet opinions of the movies.