Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 15th September 2020 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Please Sir! series 1. 50p. The Network collection continues apace haha.

gag 16th September 2020 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These 2 this morning.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2020 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Sainsbury's. The Stones and a moptop!

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...8&d=1600356518

Justin101 17th September 2020 05:16 PM

No Marilyn Manson then :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 635567)
No Marilyn Manson then :lol:

No, they didn't have it. I've listened to a few tracks off the Stones album this week and loved it so was happy to get that.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2020 02:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

iank 21st September 2020 02:05 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1576862466

Justin101 21st September 2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 635767)

Oh that's a shame the Australian cover art is a bit rubbish compared to the rest of the world! - Actually looking it up, it seems almost half of the international covers are the same as Aus and the other half are the same as UK!!

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1577471383

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 635791)
Oh that's a shame the Australian cover art is a bit rubbish compared to the rest of the world! - Actually looking it up, it seems almost half of the international covers are the same as Aus and the other half are the same as UK!!

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1577471383

I much prefer the cover art on the UK releases. :nod:

Demoncrat 22nd September 2020 05:48 PM

Picked up a copy of Bad Guy (Kim Ki-duk). UK dvd. £1.

The 4th Fella 23rd September 2020 11:26 AM

It's been more than 3 years since I was here last, so I won't post everything I have bought in that time. :lol: Just the most recent.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg

Nostalgic 23rd September 2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 635873)
It's been more than 3 years since I was here last, so I won't post everything I have bought in that time. :lol: Just the most recent.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SY445_.jpg

Cool covers, are they dvd or blu? & I'm guessing they're r1 releases?
I've just recently started exploring Naschey movies. Good selection!

The 4th Fella 23rd September 2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 635877)
Cool covers, are they dvd or blu? & I'm guessing they're r1 releases?
I've just recently started exploring Naschey movies. Good selection!

Theyíre DVDs and from Region 1. I donít believe many of his film have had an R2 release. I have been trying for some time to get more of his films, but with little luck, until recently.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd September 2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 635877)
Cool covers, are they dvd or blu? & I'm guessing they're r1 releases?
I've just recently started exploring Naschey movies. Good selection!

They are dvd's Nostalgic. Superb quality ones i might add. The pictures positively sparkle.

Sadly they are now deleted and do not come cheap.

It's alleged that they cost so much to restore (The whole series of 12 movies not just these three) and sold so poorly initially that they were a major contributing factor to the demise of the label.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd September 2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 635881)
Theyíre DVDs and from Region 1. I donít believe many of his film have had an R2 release. I have been trying for some time to get more of his films, but with little luck, until recently.

Nice find. :clap:

I'm pretty sure there's a BD box set of Naschy films from Shout Factory. Seeing as i don't collect blu's anyone feel free to correct me on this.

The 4th Fella 23rd September 2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 635882)
They are dvd's Nostalgic. Superb quality ones i might add. The pictures positively sparkle.

Sadly they are now deleted and do not come cheap.

It's alleged that they cost so much to restore (The whole series of 12 movies not just these three) and sold so poorly initially that they were a major contributing factor to the demise of the label.

Too true. I have lost out on quite a few, but my persistence has finally paid off.

I donít collect BDs either. I would hate to have to replace every my whole collection, only to do it again, when the next leap forward in technology is released. DVDs are good enough for me.

gag 23rd September 2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 635886)
Too true. I have lost out on quite a few, but my persistence has finally paid off.

I don’t collect BDs either. I would hate to have to replace every my whole collection, only to do it again, when the next leap forward in technology is released. DVDs are good enough for me.

I just buy what ever format their on that’s suites me, as long as the pic quality good then I’m not arsed about upgrading just because it’s there, Ive got a handful of blu ray (can’t remember now which ones) the quality is so poor it looks like it’s snowing and dvd quality miles better and clearer, it’s like owt else it’s all down to how well the company does in cleaning them up, loads of dvd quality can give some blu ray a run for their money .

nosferatu42 23rd September 2020 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 635883)
Nice find. :clap:

I'm pretty sure there's a BD box set of Naschy films from Shout Factory. Seeing as i don't collect blu's anyone feel free to correct me on this.

Theres 2 Blu rays sets from Shout factory, i have both.

Attachment 227916

Vengeance of the zombies
Horror rises from the tomb
Blue eyes of the broken doll
Night of the werewolf
Human beasts

Hunchback of the morgue
The devil's possessed
Werewolf and the yeti
Exorcism
A dragonfly for each corpse

Blu region A though.

I've only watched about half though.
Horror rises from the tomb and Blue eyes of the broken doll are probably my favourites.:cool:

MrBarlow 24th September 2020 09:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Picked up these Today

Attachment 227936 Attachment 227937

Attachment 227938 Attachment 227939

Attachment 227940

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2020 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Recently bought Suicide Squad and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button from Music Magpie and Brain Dead from 101 Films.

I've only seen the first two and didn't particularly rate either, but they were cheap so I thought they were worth buying to reappraise them.

I haven't Brain Dead and bought it because it's in the 101 Films Black Label collection and I have all of the others.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th September 2020 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
BOUGHT!
Had to use the old shippit account though!

nosferatu42 25th September 2020 11:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not bought but got given as Birthday presents the other day.:cool:

I always ask my daughter for something cheap, so fancied this, i already own the Coppola film adaption but fancied this as it's a lot closer to the actual novel.

Attachment 228015 Attachment 228016 :clap:

Also received this in the post from my nephew. :cool:

Attachment 228014

Watched it the other night, very dark but very good, recommended. 8.5/10 :pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2020 02:13 PM

Happy birthday to you, Mr.B. :party: :glitter:

Nostalgic 27th September 2020 10:39 AM

Came home saturday & found an enormous box waiting for me...

Warner Film Noir Classics collection vols 1-5 from an ebay seller in the U.S.

Well over 20 Noir classics, most with original artwork. I paid £200 for the lot but worth it!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th September 2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 636265)
Came home saturday & found an enormous box waiting for me...

Warner Film Noir Classics collection vols 1-5 from an ebay seller in the U.S.

Well over 20 Noir classics, most with original artwork. I paid £200 for the lot but worth it!

Do you have any pictures?

Nostalgic 27th September 2020 01:14 PM

Lol! Sadly I can't post pictures as i can only post from my kindle

Film Noir Classic Collection, Vol. 3 (Border Incident / His Kind of Woman / Lady in the Lake / On Dangerous Ground / The Racket)

Heres a link to a review of vol 3 (hope it works)....

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2020 02:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New arrivals.

First three from Sainsbury's with the latter two cheapies from Music Magpie. I'm not sure why i've never owned Babylon 5 In the Beginning before as it's ten years plus since i watched it all so must have missed this when i bought what i thought were all the movies.

I'm expecting X-Men Dark Phoenix to suck but i wanted it for completion of the series so now X-Men are done for me as they've been getting progressively shitter since they ditched Stewart, Mckellan etal.

The two final series of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were two for £12.

Nostalgic 27th September 2020 03:40 PM

Lol! The guy in cex talked me OUT of buying Dark Pheonix a few months back, I really wanted to watch it but he said it was worse than all Marvel's attempts at Fantastic Four, so prepare yourself! :lol:

SymbioticFunction 28th September 2020 10:22 AM

Dark Phoenix is actually a fairly decent X-Men film (imo). :) Worth watching just for a sequence involving a train. It's extreme suckiness has been greatly exaggerated.

Justin101 28th September 2020 02:17 PM

Rob Zombie is region locked in case anyone was thinking of getting it for a tenner!

https://i.ibb.co/z8P8Fw8/IMG-20200928-150258-01-01.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/74r5r55/IMG-20200928-150313-01.jpg

iank 29th September 2020 08:00 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1518211719

This was normal for post from the UK (4 weeks) as opposed to three or four months like it has been this year, so maybe things are getting back to normal?

gag 29th September 2020 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This version of frightmare

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frightmar...sAAOSwmQNfZ1SE

Boy meets girl,

£10 delivered from someone on fb .

MrBarlow 29th September 2020 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today

Attachment 228070

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th September 2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 636369)
Arrived today

Attachment 228070

That was very quick, Mr.B.

I received a dispatch email yesterday so expect them Wed / Thursday.

MrBarlow 29th September 2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 636370)
That was very quick, Mr.B.

I received a dispatch email yesterday so expect them Wed / Thursday.

To be honest Network seem to send them out quick I may get the other two movies i orderdx delivered tomorrow

Justin101 29th September 2020 02:46 PM

I had a dispatch note on Sunday so mine will probably turn up tomorrow :) I ordered Catacombs so looking forward to watching that one.

Demoncrat 29th September 2020 06:54 PM

Sunshine
The French Connection II
Both UK dvds. £2.

nosferatu42 29th September 2020 11:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My Network stuff arrived.:cool:

Attachment 228080 Attachment 228081

Attachment 228082 Attachment 228083

Justin101 30th September 2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 636415)

I've ordered 2 of those 4 haha. Hopefully mine will be there when I get home.

MrBarlow 30th September 2020 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The other two dvds I ordered arrived.

Attachment 228086


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.