Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 30th March 2012 05:19 PM

This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 227604)
This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites

I tried to sell I Spit on Your Grave I think it was that one anyway but eBay removed the listing and gave me a warning for selling a DVD of a film which contains a rape scene.

I thought that was utterly ridiculous as there were numerous DVDs, such as Irreversible and American History X (and, like you say, I Spit on Your Grave) which contained a rape scene.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 227599)
Argent is Shameless parent label but they have nothing to do with Arrow.

I must have got my labels mixed up. :lol:

Pete 30th March 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 227604)
This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites

They removed my copy of FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE because apparently someone complained about it.

Silly *****, they've no problem with the million copies of films like Cannibal Holocaust/Ferox, which contain genuine animal cruelty, floating around ebay but don't like the fact there is a film with fake violence.

Handyman Joe 30th March 2012 05:33 PM

Trying to police the internet like this is ridiculous, do these fools think we only shop at one location? It's the illegal downloaders that film companies should be targeting, not folk buying a product which happens to originate from another country. In an age where less and less people are bothering with physical media it seems incredible that barriers are still being put in front of genuine fans. The laws will eventually change, but by then there will be nobody around to care.

Handyman Joe 30th March 2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 227613)
They removed my copy of FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE because apparently someone complained about it.

Silly *****, they've no problem with the million copies of films like Cannibal Holocaust/Ferox, which contain genuine animal cruelty, floating around ebay but don't like the fact there is a film with fake violence.

I had Snuff and Faces of Death knocked back umpteen times despite everyone knowing they are obsolete, faked nonsense. Meanwhile the likes of Nekromantik and the Toetag stuff flies through. It's like Grahame Bright never went away!

Rik 30th March 2012 05:45 PM

And to make matters worse there's a guy selling the exact same DVD with only a couple of days left of a seven day auction, I wonder why his listing hasn't been removed. There's even a copy of the Elite Uncut DVD on there! I'm not in no rush to get rid of it as I know I'll only get a couple of quid for it, it's the principal of it all that's pissing me off. At the end of the day this film is readily available in the high street and if you are searching for it then you know what it's about!

bdc 30th March 2012 06:15 PM

More arrivals from "over there"... ;)

Black Cat 2: Assassination of President Yeltsin - Legendary Collection (1992)
You Bet Your Life - Legendary Collection (1991)
Handsome Siblings (1992) (Mei Ah)
Untold Story 2, The (1998) (Mei Ah)
Hell Has No Boundary - Shaw Brothers Collection (1982) (IVS)

http://dv1.us/p1/390/136390-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/510/117510-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/441/033441-d0.jpg

http://b.dv1.us/p1/296/018296-d0.jpg http://a.dv1.us/p1/484/102484-d0.jpg

keirarts 30th March 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 227614)
Trying to police the internet like this is ridiculous, do these fools think we only shop at one location? It's the illegal downloaders that film companies should be targeting, not folk buying a product which happens to originate from another country. In an age where less and less people are bothering with physical media it seems incredible that barriers are still being put in front of genuine fans. The laws will eventually change, but by then there will be nobody around to care.

Exactly. The only thing argent are achieving is alienating their own customer base. In the internet age, the item that sells best is the one that is of the highest quality.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 07:05 PM

You speaking fluent Mandarin yet Bruno?;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.