Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 228537)
BLACK! BLACK! BLACK! :lol:

There were so many funny characters:, Ted and Ralph, Dave Angel: Echo Warrrior, Professor Denzil Dexter, the rambling old drunk (forget his name), Jessie, Alf (oh, bugger!). Wish they'd bring it back.

The 'rambling old drunk', Rowley Birkin QC, was easily my favourite character – Paul Whitehouse was superb in many guises, but I felt that was his best.

pedromonkey 3rd April 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 228534)
:thumb:

The painter (Johnny) was one of my favourite sketches:

johnny nice painter FAST SHOW - YouTube

'you lock me in the seller and feed me Pins, what's for tea mother...PINS'

Genius comedy writing.

Pete 3rd April 2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 228539)
The 'rambling old drunk', Rowley Birkin QC, was easily my favourite character – Paul Whitehouse was superb in many guises, but I felt that was his best.

That's it :)

I said NO - YouTube

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 08:04 PM

I'd love to know how much of that was scripted and how much was just Paul Whitehouse improvising. My guess is about 30-70.

marvinnashsear 3rd April 2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 228533)
I'm in Colorado at the mo - picked this up on a trip out to Glenwood Springs:

I got that a couple of weeks ago from planetaxel. I thought the film looked amazing. Did you hear about the people that thought they were getting a bootleg copy cos the dvd looks like a dvd-r?

Paul@TheOverlook 3rd April 2012 08:20 PM

Not heard about that, no, and have yet to crack mind open. Looking forward to seeing the film as I missed it in the cinema and loved the Swedish film. Probably wouldn't have bothered Ruth this if it hadn't been for the fact it was directed by someone of Fincher's calibre, as the Swedish film is great already.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 228533)
I'm in Colorado at the mo - picked this up on a trip out to Glenwood Springs:

I really should have bought that when Planet Axel were doing their free shipping promotion as I saw it at the cinema and thought it was excellent. Oh well, there may be another free shipping promotion or, if not, there's always Amazon Marketplace.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 08:27 PM

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discs are supposed to have variable disc art (I'm not sure how many variations there are) as well as a disc that does look like a bootleg.

Some variations.

bdc 3rd April 2012 08:28 PM

Picked the Dutch edition of this one up at work (used like new):

Fathom (1967) (Fox)

http://c.dv1.us/p1/728/022728-d0.jpg

Paul@TheOverlook 3rd April 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 228579)
I really should have bought that when Planet Axel were doing their free shipping promotion as I saw it at the cinema and thought it was excellent. Oh well, there may be another free shipping promotion or, if not, there's always Amazon Marketplace.

I don't really get a chance to get to the cinema much these days, what with having a little baby and living 15 miles from the nearest, decent cinema, not that I mind. Glad you liked it, really looking forward to catching it.

Bizarre Eye - those pics are really interesting. They obviously gone for a bootleg look with those DVD discs, haven't they?