Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 4th April 2012 06:59 PM

really want to get hold of RoadRacers as it's apparently never been available before and needs to be added to my Rodriguez collection.

Paul@TheOverlook 4th April 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 228882)
really want to get hold of RoadRacers as it's apparently never been available before and needs to be added to my Rodriguez collection.

Mediocre film. There was a whole series of these films (collectively known as Young and Restless, if memory serves me right) made for US TV in the early 90s (others were directed by the likes of William Friedkin and Uli Edel) and I'm pretty sure all of them were issued on rental VHS by PolyGram, exclusively from Blockbuster.

I'm fairly certain that Roadracers was the only one that Miramax picked up, most likely because of Rodriquez and Hayek's involvement. The company certainly released it on LaserDisc and VHS in the US.

You really aren't missing much. ;)

pedromonkey 4th April 2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 228886)
Mediocre film. There was a whole series of these films (collectively known as Young and Restless, if memory serves me right) made for US TV in the early 90s (others were directed by the likes of William Friedkin and Uli Edel) and I'm pretty sure all of them were issued on rental VHS by PolyGram, exclusively from Blockbuster. I'm fairly certain that Roadracers was the only one that Miramax picked up, most likely because of Rodriquez and Hayek's involvement.

You really aren't missing much. ;)

it was under the moniker of 'Rebel Highway' on Showtime in the U.S, all of them remakes of AIP's old teen drama's with films like Jailbreakers, Confessions of a Sorority Girl, Girls In Prison and Dragstrip Girl. There were ten films in total and were all made in 1994.

PaulD 4th April 2012 07:37 PM

I'm really looking forward to it for the 10 Minute Film School and commentary track as much as anything else.

Paul@TheOverlook 4th April 2012 07:37 PM

That's it, Rebel Highway.

I only saw the Rodriquez and Friedkin films and neither was anything special.

Paul@TheOverlook 4th April 2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 228892)
I'm really looking forward to it for the 10 Minute Film School and commentary track as much as anything else.

Both ported over from the LaserDisc, I believe.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th April 2012 08:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Latest.....

re.form 4th April 2012 09:08 PM

Not ventured into movie world for a while. Back now though with the following purchases:

The Black Cat DVD (Shameless)
Stephen King DVD Boxset (Maximum Overdrive/Cats Eyes/Silver Bullet)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space DVD
Tales from the Darkside (Series 1 DVD)

Repo Man (Masters of Cinema Blu-Ray)
A Bay of Blood (Arrow Blu-Ray)

nekromantik 4th April 2012 10:50 PM

Got the Hammer Collection dvd set yesterday as a gift. :)

nekromantik 4th April 2012 10:52 PM

Got Game of Thrones Season 1 and Buried for my birthday and also received Blue Velvet from Planet Axel.