Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

dream demon 13th April 2012 12:14 AM

Well seeing as I came late to the party - why didn't I check this thread earlier? Why? - I did manage to nab an MYA of Alligator, some Blue Underground DVDs, a couple of Criterion DVDs, and the BD digibook of Clash Of The Titans. Now just to see if they honour them ...

The odd thing is, quite a few of the ones that I was clicking on where either not showing up in the listings, or where saying that they where no longer available literally a second after I added them to my cart. Now, this is easily explained - people getting in just the second before me, or them being withdrawn - but why then do they still continue to reappear at 1p in the listings when they are not there to actually purchase? Makes me wonder if there is maybe a software issue somewhere?

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 01:22 AM

I prefer the US artwork myself.

keirarts 13th April 2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 231387)
Well seeing as I came late to the party - why didn't I check this thread earlier? Why? - I did manage to nab an MYA of Alligator, some Blue Underground DVDs, a couple of Criterion DVDs, and the BD digibook of Clash Of The Titans. Now just to see if they honour them ...

The odd thing is, quite a few of the ones that I was clicking on where either not showing up in the listings, or where saying that they where no longer available literally a second after I added them to my cart. Now, this is easily explained - people getting in just the second before me, or them being withdrawn - but why then do they still continue to reappear at 1p in the listings when they are not there to actually purchase? Makes me wonder if there is maybe a software issue somewhere?

check your orders. If they appear there then you'll probably get them. If not I doubt it.

mark meakin 13th April 2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 231387)

I used 1-click ordering for each item instead of adding a load to my basket & 'got' most of them.Just checked how many I ordered & I can't see them honouring 64 items including several boxsets !.Be nice though.This situation happened to us in December when an Amazon seller wrongly listed a lot of dvds.Ordered ten & we're told they'd all dispatched but only received half the order.It was good of them to honour at least half the order & not cancel the lot as it was an obvious mistake.Supermart may just keep us hanging on then we'll get emails to say they should've dispatched by now & our cards have not been charged.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 231397)
I prefer the US artwork myself.

So do I, which is why I ordered it from Planet Axel instead of getting the UK federation.

In any case, Digibooks rule!

Bringer Of Funerals 13th April 2012 07:44 AM

Mine still says Prepairing For Dispatch - it's said that all night so will it go through or not - its 6 box sets of Mill Creek films

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 231360)
Every now and again i buy a film that i hear people go on about on here, or like owt else the odd blind buy ...But now i decided the films i like to search if there is follow up or sequels etc to certain films that i dont know to much about..i google a film or wikipedia but occasionaly they only give info on that particular film im searching info on..can any one recomend a site where if i gooled a film then it will also give me info on its sequels etc then i know if there is a sequel on the film im searching where u dont always get that info on wikipedia or imdb....

I don't know if any site does exactly what you want but, if you go to the IMDB and go to (to use your example) the Hellraiser page and click on 'Movie Connections', it will usually have the sequels, prequels and remakes listed, plus the films and TV shows were footage has been used.

Hellraiser (1987) - Trivia - IMDb

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 07:56 AM

I see that HMV are now selling the Star Wars saga BD for.........£100. Anyone here tempted? :lol: They've completely lost the plot!!!!

Bringer Of Funerals 13th April 2012 07:57 AM

Now it says dispaching soon

Bringer Of Funerals 13th April 2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 231385)
ok...

looks like the mad dash is over and the prices are back to normal. Typical of my luck i'm stuck in work being screamed at by idiotic members of the public over pennies when this happens... Sigh kept in till 10:30 by some knob who was irate over a £1.00 charge, eventually I hung the phone up on him because he wouldent shut up...

looks like i'm likely getting a bit of a mixed bunch

Attachment 53629

Attachment 53630

Attachment 53631

Attachment 53632

not quite the haul some of you lucky sods had but what the hell, I havent seen weird science in years.

Kai what do you do as a job