Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 231816)
mines cancelled to. not been chaged. all their stock has vanished from marketplace.

No it hasn't.

An example - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 10:20 PM

I e-mailed Amazon regarding the Supermart issue.

Yesterday April 12th i ordered several items from marketplace seller Supermart and today all the orders have been cancelled.

I understand it was probably a mistake on the part of Supermart listing all their items at 1p, but surely it is the consumers right that the seller fulfills the order commitment.

Just wondered what the official word is on this matter.

Thank you for your time.

And received this response

I'm sorry to learn that there's been a misunderstanding regarding your recent Amazon Marketplace orders.

I've checked this orders and can see that it has been cancelled by the seller "supermart_usa".

I've forwarded your message to our internal team who review seller activities as part of any investigation in possible violations of our policies.

Once an item or an order is cancelled, you'll receive an e-mail to confirm the cancellation and the order will no longer appear in your order history.

Please be advised that your credit card has not been charged for this order

As you may already know, Amazon.co.uk is not directly involved in individual transactions made from third-party sellers and we do not have any insight as to why the seller cancelled this order; however, you are welcome to contact them for more information.

g053584398 13th April 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 231700)
Just got this

Dear Customer,

We're writing to inform you that your order 026-8246851-2933939 from supermart_usa has been cancelled

Your payment card has not been charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.co.uk.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest Regards

Amazon.co.uk

I only ordered a single bloody 1p DVD and it has been cancelled as well! Mind you, I knew it was too good to be true.

g053584398 13th April 2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 231713)
All Your Music tend to be a penny cheaper anyway. :lol: ;)

All Your Music are fantastic and deliveries seem to be much faster than from other sellers.

mark meakin 14th April 2012 05:55 AM

Our card has been charged too despite me getting the cancellation message your card has not been charged !:mmph:

Susan Foreman 14th April 2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 231821)
I understand it was probably a mistake on the part of Supermart listing all their items at 1p, but surely it is the consumers right that the seller fulfills the order commitment.

I used to work in a Citizens Advice Bureau, and have seen this kind of thing before

Legally, if there is a genuine mistake, a seller is under NO obligation to continue with the sale, and is well within their rights to cancel the order/offer

Therefore, they are not breaking any laws by pulling the order and there should not be any come-back on them

As many people who made an order on this 'sale' have noted "it seemed too good to be true." Well, sadly, is something seems too good to be true, it normally is!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2012 06:43 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Latest orders....

keirarts 14th April 2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 231818)

then they re-listed their stock after I wrote this, They must have took down and re-listed everything as I went through their shop front and everything was saying 'out of stock'

mark meakin 14th April 2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 231813)
Yep, my orders cancelled, too. However, even though the emails say 'your card has not been charged', I have checked my statement online - and it has. :mmph:

I used a debit not credit card so is this why I've been charged so quickly ?.I've sent several emails to Amazon as I made four separate orders,explaining that the money has been taken from my bank account.I got a print out from the bank & it showed the amounts taken with Amazon at the side.

dream demon 14th April 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 231890)
I used a debit not credit card so is this why I've been charged so quickly ?.I've sent several emails to Amazon as I made four separate orders,explaining that the money has been taken from my bank account.I got a print out from the bank & it showed the amounts taken with Amazon at the side.

I used my Mastercard (I'll be sticking with credit instead of debit cards for online purchases now after being stung by HME) and my card was also shown as charged pretty much instantly. :mmph:

I'm fine with not getting the discs - it was a long shot, after all - but I just wish they had refunded me as quickly as they charged me!