Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th November 2009 04:31 PM

Received my Code Red Dead Pit and Messiah of Evil today. :woot:

Gojirosan 11th November 2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 47549)
Gojirason,did you watch KILLERFISH yet?

I did! The film is wonderous, as ever. Better made and acted than I remember though! :lol: I had forgotten how much Lee Majors comes across as a Poundland Clint Eastwood in it.

The DVD-R looks like it was taken from a panned and scanned Japanese laserdisc (or exceptionally mint VHS), so good audio, OK if a bit fuzzy video, forced but unobtrusive Japanese subtitles but compromised framing. The film really, really needs a 16:9 release. The 4:3 version was very cramped and looked quite wrong to me.

I'm glad I finally saw it again, but this is only a stop gap until I force someone to release a decent version! :laugh:

42ndStreetFreak 11th November 2009 09:02 PM

Lucky man!!

"The Wolf Man" - Universal. Upgrade from VHS dupe.

"Miracle Mile" - Shockingly ignored little gem that is masterfully crafted, well acted and that manages to expertly combine excitement, laughs and tears
A long time fave. Upgrade from VHS dupe.

"Unarmed and Dangerous" - Brit martial arts/gangster flick with a stumpy armed 'Thalidomide' victim as its ass kicking, Kung Fu, hero!

bdc 12th November 2009 09:01 AM

Universal Horror: Classic Movie Archive (Universal)
Dinner with the Vampire (A-Film,R2)
Blood Sabbath (Pegasus,R2)

Philleh 12th November 2009 04:44 PM

Just purchased:

Messiah of Evil (Code Red)
Hardware (Severin)
Night of Death (Synapse)
Woodoo - Zombie 2 (Because you can never have enough Zombie Flesh Eaters in your collection!)

BioZombie 12th November 2009 07:02 PM

I picked up a copy of Machine Girl on blu-ray at CEX. Hopefully it will be as much gory fun as Meatball Machines and Tokyo Gore Police

Pete 12th November 2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 47688)
Just purchased:

Woodoo - Zombie 2 (Because you can never have enough Zombie Flesh Eaters in your collection!)

Too right!

Picked up a few films today:

Class of Nuke 'Em High - R2
Pulse (Original) - i have the remake but i though i'd better watch the original first.
Cannibal Holocaust - Ultrabit ed. (Thanks G)
How to Kill a Judge - BU

BioZombie 12th November 2009 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished watching Machine Girl on BR a few mins ago. Its really fantastic. Its about a girl who gets her arm chopped off for trying to get back at her brothers killers, she comes back at them for revenge with a machinece gun arm.Tonnes of blood drenched top gore, some cool martial arts, and a load of over the top evil Yakuza just dying to be slaughtered. I belive this was made by the same people as Tokyo Gore Police and Meatball Machines. These guys have obviously learned their trade watching early Peter Jackson and Sam Raimi as the gore and style are very reminissent of Bad Taste and Evil Dead. There is also an excellent homage to Master of The Flying Guillotine with the main Yakuza boss uing the fatal weapon to decapitate and remove limbs.

I reccomend this to eveyone!!! :thumb:

bdc 13th November 2009 07:39 AM

Oz-ploitation Boxset - Volume 1 (Umbrella,R4)
- Adventures of Barry McKenzie, The (1972)
- Naked Bunyip, The (1970)
- Turkey Shoot ( Blood Camp Thatcher ) ( Escape 2000 ) (1982)
- Roadgames ( Road Games ) (1981)
- Harlequin ( Dark Forces ) ( Minister's Magician, The ) (1980)
- Night of Fear (1972)
- Inn of the Damned ( Death Hunter ) (1974)
Stunt Rock (Madman,R4)

Gojirosan 13th November 2009 10:22 AM

The Blue Underground disk of Stagefright (Soavi not Hitch!) turned up this morning...I don't actually remember ordering it! I already have the Vipco DVD which I watched recently...I wonder if I subsequently decided I wanted to see the matted 16:9 version when...ahem...refreshed by beverage...

:laugh: