Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 01:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought these two earlier this morning on ebay. The main reason was the artwork for Phantasm 2, but since they also had the 3rd, I just bought that too.

Attachment 54821

Attachment 54822

g053584398 18th April 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 233136)
Bought these two earlier this morning on ebay. The main reason was the artwork for Phantasm 2, but since they also had the 3rd, I just bought that too.

Attachment 54821

Attachment 54822

Great films as well!

keirarts 18th April 2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 233092)
No, it only has a trailer, seems to be the same as the UK release from Optimum with added (optional) subtitles in 4 Scandinavian languages.

Shame really, the mgm special edition is amazing and loaded with genuinelly interesting bonus material. I'd love to upgrade to a decent pal release.

ReturnToZero 18th April 2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

The only difference between the Swedish AWE and the Danish AWE is that the Swedish AWE releases has coverarts written in Swedish, while the Danish AWE releases has coverarts written in Danish (dont really know why they do this, Swedish and Danish is almost the same language), so the discs are the exact same, it's only the covers that are different, I picked up all of these on a sale here in Sweden for a week ago, got them all fairly cheap.
It's not almost the same language, i don't understand a single word in danish. Norweigans are also hard to understand sometimes ;)

It's because Studio S and Njutafilms are their distributors here in Sweden. Trinity Films has also distributed three of AWE's mondo-titles.

I have two DVD's of Njutafilms Cannibal Holocaust and one of them has a mix of swedish and norweigan text on it. I keep that oddy sealed :nod:

Pete 18th April 2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 233059)

Superb purchases!

Does anyone know if they really killed that Lion in IRONMASTER? I hope not but is an Umberto Lenzi film...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 02:04 PM

I received the Redemption BD of The Asphyx and Wilderness on DVD, two films I'm looking forward to watching again and for the first time, respectively.

PaulD 18th April 2012 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up on eBay for a tenner. I have the yellow cover version but wanted the full uncut version even if I couldn't care less about the hardcore inserts. Plus, this has a few special features I'm interested in

keirarts 18th April 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233158)
I received the Redemption BD of The Asphyx and Wilderness on DVD, two films I'm looking forward to watching again and for the first time, respectively.

Just finished watching the asphyx. For the most part great pq and region free. The extra scenes from the longer american cut are from a different print and noticably poorer quality.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233158)

My copy of The Asphyx arrived too, Nos.

No sign of Justine, though; which was dispatched before... :suspicious:

Rik 18th April 2012 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Seeing as the whole 'wrong intro scenario' is hopefully behind us I decided to order this from Amazon
Attachment 54906
Along with the soon OOP
Attachment 54907