Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 233216)
My copy of The Asphyx arrived too, Nos.

No sign of Justine, though; which was dispatched before... :suspicious:

Marquis de Sade's Justine hasn't arrived either even though, like yours, it was shipped a few days before The Asphyx.

I guess the two titles were shipped separately from North America to Europe or from mainland Europe to the UK, with Justine arriving quicker.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233250)
Marquis de Sade's Justine hasn't arrived either even though, like yours, it was shipped a few days before The Asphyx.

I guess the two titles were shipped separately from North America to Europe or from mainland Europe to the UK, with Justine arriving quicker.

Could very well be, although, I think you meant The Asphyx arriving quicker! ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 233252)
Could very well be, although, I think you meant The Asphyx arriving quicker! ;)

No, I meant Justine arriving quicker from North America – I should have been slightly more specific!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233261)
No, I meant Justine arriving quicker from North America – I should have been slightly more specific!

Ah, now I follow! :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233035)
I'm the same as, if a DVD was originally released in a snapper and was rereleased in a keep case, I'll do my best to buy the snapper one now.

I really hated jewel cases, and still do.

Jewel cases were the biz!

James Morton 18th April 2012 06:39 PM

just bought Michael Winner's very good 80's thriller SCREAM FOR HELP on
dvd-r, this film should be released properly
pre-ordered DEMONS & DEMONS 2 blu rays

vaultkeeper 18th April 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 233155)
It's not almost the same language, i don't understand a single word in danish. Norweigans are also hard to understand sometimes ;)

It's because Studio S and Njutafilms are their distributors here in Sweden. Trinity Films has also distributed three of AWE's mondo-titles.

I have two DVD's of Njutafilms Cannibal Holocaust and one of them has a mix of swedish and norweigan text on it. I keep that oddy sealed :nod:

Well I am a southern Swede (skåning) and most of us down here understands Danish, actually I understand it better than i understand some obscure Swedish dialects (like in Värmland, Jämtland or Härjedalen), sometimes I just forget that the rest of this country doesn't understand Danish very well...
I usually buy my AWE releases in Denmark since I live so close and they are usually alot cheaper in the stores there, and they release them earlier there than in Sweden.

I also think there is a huge difference between written Danish and spoken Danish, and written Norwegian and spoken Norwegian

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 07:52 PM

The Amazon payments from the Supermart saga have disappeared from my pending list on my CC account.

Everything is cool now :cool:

I'm guessing its the same for everyone else as well?? :)

vaultkeeper 18th April 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 233156)
Superb purchases!

Does anyone know if they really killed that Lion in IRONMASTER? I hope not but is an Umberto Lenzi film...

Well you never know with Umberto Lenzi, but the movie is filmed in Italy and the USA, where it would be illegal to kill a lion I guess, and it would have to be taken all the way from Africa as well.

oaxaca 18th April 2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 233126)
Mine just arrived - the benefits of ordering directly from Eureka (and a pound cheaper too!)

Just cancelled amazon and gone with this. A pound saved is a pound made and all that!