Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 19th April 2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 233489)
is it the two hour version or the 90 minute version?

98 minutes. Just assumed that was the standard version. What's the difference?

Dragonaut 19th April 2012 10:11 AM

I just pre-ordered the Return of The Living Dead blu-ray steelbook. I'm really looking forward to seeing this in HD as its been quite a while since i sat down and watched it, not to mention my DVD copy has seen better days.

tollickd 19th April 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 233404)
FREE SHIPPING on planetaxel! Go go go!

Payday today!!! I have had a few films on planetaxel in mind over that last few weeks not its time to buy!!

Daemonia 19th April 2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 233476)
I had promised myself I wouldn't order anything else this month, but that's just gone out the window!

You and me both. But I'm trying to show restraint! I've only ordered Under Siege 2 from Axel so far...but that could change anytime soon! :lol:

PaulD 19th April 2012 11:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Also just picked up these. Only Cemetery Man keeping me from having the full Shameless collection (excluding duplicate box sets or dvd versions of Shameless bluray releases). Not expecting much from Survival of the Dead but I still want to see it for curiosities sake and the US BD is the only one with the extras:

Dragonaut 19th April 2012 11:51 AM

I dont think i have even opened my copy of Survival of The Dead haha, i watched it a few times at a friend's house and while it isn't as bad as most people claim, i'm in no hurry to watch it again any time soon.

keirarts 19th April 2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 233490)
98 minutes. Just assumed that was the standard version. What's the difference?

uk and europe have a cut down version. The asian release is over the 2hr mark, thats the only version i've seen so I couldent tell you whats missing. I suspect its mainly plot.

PaulD 19th April 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 233520)
uk and europe have a cut down version. The asian release is over the 2hr mark, thats the only version i've seen so I couldent tell you whats missing. I suspect its mainly plot.

Meh, plot schmlot :)

keirarts 19th April 2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 233526)
Meh, plot schmlot :)

indeed, I think it was to make the film fit with western sensabilities more. nothing i've read suggests any violence is missing. My only real question is will miike make a cameo in tarantinos django since tarantino appeared in his?

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th April 2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 233494)
You and me both. But I'm trying to show restraint! I've only ordered Under Siege 2 from Axel so far...but that could change anytime soon! :lol:

Which now reminds me that I have to go and order Hard To Kill. :)