Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 21st April 2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 234326)
It's pretty good, mate. :nod:

Seconded. Very good film; definitely worth watching.

keirarts 21st April 2012 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That shriek show 2-discer of just before dawn looks good. It got some flak for being the r-rated theatricle cut but from what i've heard the cut to get the r was a matter of seconds so I wouldent get too worked up over it...

splashed out on this after seeing a couple of episodes online.

Attachment 56009

It features a cast of multiple different characters over one story. Each episode flips back and forth through time depending on the perspective of each character. A bit disorienting at first but when you get into the swing of things very compelling. Set in depression era america with alchemists and immortals thrown into the mix alongside bootleggers, gangsters and rip-off artists. Surprisingly violent in places with some strong horror elements.

sawyer6 21st April 2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 234344)
That shriek show 2-discer of just before dawn looks good. It got some flak for being the r-rated theatricle cut but from what i've heard the cut to get the r was a matter of seconds so I wouldent get too worked up over it...

splashed out on this after seeing a couple of episodes online.

Attachment 56009

It features a cast of multiple different characters over one story. Each episode flips back and forth through time depending on the perspective of each character. A bit disorienting at first but when you get into the swing of things very compelling. Set in depression era america with alchemists and immortals thrown into the mix alongside bootleggers, gangsters and rip-off artists. Surprisingly violent in places with some strong horror elements.

Sounds interesting,I'll check it ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st April 2012 05:00 PM

I really rated that and need to re-watch it for 'enjoyment purposes', rather than for review.

The postie brought some BDs from Planet Axel this morning: Plan 9 from Outer Space, Machine Gun McCain, Django and Baba Yaga.

I'll probably have a brief look at Plan 9 tonight and then watch it in full tomorrow as I'm intrigued by the HD remastering.

sawyer6 21st April 2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 234365)

I'll probably have a brief look at Plan 9 tonight and then watch it in full tomorrow as I'm intrigued by the HD remastering.

Yes!tell us your impressions

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st April 2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 234362)
Sounds interesting,I'll check it ;)

I thought it was superb – Baccano DVD review | Film 365

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st April 2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 234367)
Yes!tell us your impressions

Will do. Expect a post and perhaps some screenshots some point tomorrow.

sawyer6 21st April 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 234368)
I thought it was superb – Baccano DVD review | Film 365

Yes,that looks good! I love the time period,I like the back and forth stuff and I love thoroughly developed characters ,added to my list!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st April 2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 234251)
The Bed Sitting Room's great, Vic.

Shit - that sucks. :(

I hate eco-cases too, but luckily I haven't received anything damaged (yet) due to them!

I only watched The Bed Sitting Room for the first time earlier this month and thought it was superb.

I'm the same with eco-cases as I think they are a ludicrous creation but, like you, haven't received anything which has suffered from the holes.

Bringer Of Funerals 21st April 2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 234365)
I really rated that and need to re-watch it for 'enjoyment purposes', rather than for review.

The postie brought some BDs from Planet Axel this morning: Plan 9 from Outer Space, Machine Gun McCain, Django and Baba Yaga.

Django is awesome