Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 18th March 2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 67769)
Today:

Retromedia's Roger Corman Puerto Rico Trilogy (ie Last Woman On Earth, Creature From The Haunted Sea, Battle Of Blood Island)

:cool::happy:

been meaning to get this, Last Woman on Earth is great but i have the shitty Elstree DVD and the PQ suck donkey ass, and the fact that Robert Town is in it and wrote the screen play is pretty cool seeing as ChinaTown is classed as the greatest screenplay ever.

nekromantik 18th March 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 67728)
Audition collector's edition, Death Warrant and Fermat's Room arrived today. M bluray and Gran Torino bluray arrived yesterday. Hopefully Riki-Oh will be waiting for me at home right now, although I wouldn't be surprised if it gets lost in the post. :doh:

OOO I love Fermat's Room. :thumb:
its an awesome lil spanish thriller.
Thought it was quite clever too although some people are comparing it to Cube series although I not seen any of them.

Ken 19th March 2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 67809)
HA! £7.99!

My 'Morrisons' trumps your 'Asda'! :biggrin:

Read mixed things about it since though...But we shall see.

Well done mate good price, for me to get to my local morrison's i would have cost more than the extra £1 so im still happy. :thumb:

napalm-in-the-morning 19th March 2010 11:01 AM

Boondock Saints 2

A lazy, blundering re-tread of the first and SO ridiculously juvenile! Also features the most bizarre audio commentary on the first of the two tracks provided. Director and assembled slacker cast appear to have been high on something chemical as the majority of it is sheer lunacy with a really odd obsession on homosexual content / violence / masturbation. Really very odd and I wonder if this will be included on the R2 version. The director Troy Duffy shows all the cinematic skill of a four year old with ADHD.

Philleh 19th March 2010 11:18 AM

Picked up:

Puffball
Protégé
Sorority Row
Perfect Getaway
Saw 6
(Blu-ray)

Phats 19th March 2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 67934)
OOO I love Fermat's Room. :thumb:
its an awesome lil spanish thriller.
Thought it was quite clever too although some people are comparing it to Cube series although I not seen any of them.

It does sound similar to Cube and perhaps a bit of Exam too although I haven't seen that. Cube is a fantastic movie which really surprised me and was only about £1.50 from a seller on eBay.

Riki-Oh did arrive yesterday as did Universal Soldier bluray and The Laramie Project. However, in spite of receiving 8 new films - 7 of which I haven't seen yet - I ended up watching a movie I have on rental from Lovefilm: Silent Rage. Norris :rockon:

Philleh 19th March 2010 11:25 AM

Also just ordered:

Assault! Jack the Ripper
Watcher in the Attic
Silip: Daughters of Eve
Mean Jonny Burrows

antmumford 19th March 2010 11:39 AM

Three Colours Trilogy arrived yesterday. I've heard good things about these films. I had a recommendation from my mum too so I had to get them :rolleyes:
Off to Poundland now, see if they have any new treats for me.....

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 67965)
Three Colours Trilogy arrived yesterday. I've heard good things about these films. I had a recommendation from my mum too so I had to get them :rolleyes:
Off to Poundland now, see if they have any new treats for me.....

The Three Colours Trilogy are a great trio of films ant. :nod:

My personal favourite is 'Blue'; a great performance by Binoche sways it for me, but then again I think she's a really talented actress so maybe I'm slightly biased... :biggrin:

Gigantor 19th March 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 67961)
Also just ordered:

Assault! Jack the Ripper
Watcher in the Attic
Silip: Daughters of Eve
Mean Jonny Burrows

Let me know what you think of these films once you watch them