Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 22nd March 2010 05:07 PM

Just bought Terror at the Opera :)

Gigantor 23rd March 2010 04:48 AM

Vampire girl vs. Frankenstein girl

42ndStreetFreak 23rd March 2010 10:46 AM

"Valley of the Gwangi" - Groovy find of this stop-motion dino fave for £1

"Harry Brown" - Sir Michael of Caine takes out stinking Chavvy scumbags and walks away a happier man. My kind of vigilante flick.

vincenzo 23rd March 2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 68835)
"Valley of the Gwangi" - Groovy find of this stop-motion dino fave for £1

I thoroughly enjoyed this too. The old video was notoriously upgraded to a 12 because a BBFC examiner (whose earphones were probably tuned into Eminem at the time) thought there was an F-word in it. :laugh:

Phats 23rd March 2010 12:27 PM

Quatermass and the Pit
The Wizard of Gore (remake)
Sexy Beast

plus the Death Wish Dutch boxset.

I saw The Stendhal Syndrome and The Card Player in there too and almost bought them but I think I'll wait a few days as pay day (anyone remember that game?) is coming up.

LineSix 23rd March 2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 68851)
plus the Death Wish Dutch boxset.

Aren't the films in that set still cut? Despite the fact that on Amazon it's listed as fully uncut.

Phats 23rd March 2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 68854)
Aren't the films in that set still cut? Despite the fact that on Amazon it's listed as fully uncut.

Sake. Where were you when I was purchasing this on ebay at 2 in the morning? :mad:

LineSix 23rd March 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 68856)
Sake. Where were you when I was purchasing this on ebay at 2 in the morning? :mad:

The only version of Death Wish 2 that is fully uncut is the Australian one, which is in a box set over there, which is apparently out of print.

Phats 23rd March 2010 12:51 PM

Looks like some detective work will be needed to find a second hand copy then. Do the movies have major cuts?

LineSix 23rd March 2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 68859)
Looks like some detective work will be needed to find a second hand copy then. Do the movies have major cuts?

Which versions?

Edit: A post I found on another forum:

Quote:

The R1’s of 2, 3, 4 & 5 are all 4:3 transfers. And part 2 is cut. Best avoided, especially if you have a widescreen TV.

The R4 Vigilante Collection is the only release to have all the films presented in there OAR and without cuts. Nice anamorphic transfers too.

There's also a R4 double feature with Death Wish 1+2; both uncut & anamorphic. But if you want all 5, you gota go vigilante.

I guess if money is a factor then maybe tracking down the R4 double then ordering 3-5 could be ok... as long as you can live with the 4:3. It's certainly a cheaper way to go.