Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 21st May 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 243787)
Be prepared to zoom. It's letterboxed :tongue1: :lol:

Please Raro US don't do this again :pray:

That's ok - I'm much more concerned about the bitrate.:nod: :p:D

demonknight 21st May 2012 04:37 PM

Received the hills have eyes unrated remake,ganja and hess and halloween resurrection
and the night of the living dead digibook all on bluray. Also the inside story the making of
carpenter's halloween on dvd all arrived today. The notld digibook bluray I purchased from amazon in germany.

gag 21st May 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 243771)
Did the traditional visit to the charity shops this morning, and got a copy of 'Paranormal Activity 2' for £1.99

HOWEVER...

when I got home, I discovered that not only did the case contain 'PA2', it also contained a copy of the film 'Secretary' as well

Am angry. I already have a copy of 'Secretary'. Why didn't it also contain 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 1'?

Bloody charity shops! (No - I don't mean that. They do a wonderful job}

Twilight :blush: be ashamed of yourself SERIOUSLY off all the films in the world you name this TWISHITE more like, OH yes i forgot your a women sometimes fancying the main male actors make you lose all commen sense and more interested in the actor than the film....:crazy:

:lol:

Sobral 21st May 2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 243614)
It's on Planet Axel? I must have over looked it. It didn't turn up when I searched. I'll try again. £23.32? Nice.:nod:

Raro

You can also get it directly for 30USD, amazing set, you won't regret it, I have the DVD version and a Vol 2 is coming out at the end of the year.

keirarts 21st May 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 243798)
Twilight :blush: be ashamed of yourself SERIOUSLY off all the films in the world you name this TWISHITE more like, OH yes i forgot your a women sometimes fancying the main male actors make you lose all commen sense and more interested in the actor than the film....:crazy:

Are the twighlight sequels any good, I watched the first movie, got bored to tears and started reading a book about 2/3 rds of the way through. Do they actually get any better?

(decent cinematography though)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st May 2012 05:51 PM

Relented and let the kids watch The Woman In Black!
What a laugh watching their reactions!:lol:
Glad to say no one was up with nighmares!

Also watched ID,DONNIE BRASCO and the new UNDERWORLD film-all very entertaining!

Picked up THE GREY and INTRUDERS today as well!

oaxaca 21st May 2012 06:54 PM

Watched Mizoguchi's 1953 GION BAYASHI aka: A GEISHA, its the 'B side' to Sansho Dayu on the Eureka BD. Fabulous cinematography and an interesting story into the lives of GeishaS in post-WW2 Japan.

Just watching THE FOG (Carpenter, 1980) for the umpteenth time. Love this film, gets better each time I see it. One of my favourite horror movies of all time. Any film with Tom Atkins, Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Janet Leigh and directed by the legendary John Carpenter is going to be immense... and it is!

oaxaca 21st May 2012 07:25 PM

Just ordered this:
https://www.planetaxel.com/resources...90_300x200.jpg

Susan Foreman 21st May 2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 243798)

Hmmm - some would say that you are stereotyping females here. But ask yourself this - if I was a stereotypical woman, would I be part of this forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 243810)
Are the twighlight sequels any good, I watched the first movie, got bored to tears and started reading a book about 2/3 rds of the way through. Do they actually get any better?

(decent cinematography though)

To be honest, the second one ('Full Moon') was a bit of a chore, but the third one 'Eclipse') wasn't too bad. Not seen 'Breaking Dawn' so I cannot comment on it

I think people are split by the saga. It seems you either like them, or you don't. There is no middle ground

And Edward is still incredibly d-r-e-a-m-y!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 243766)
As a personal promise to myself, I solemly swore never to get a credit card.
Several reason's;
1) I intend to work as a marine Biologist and researcher (providing all 16 million exam's I have to go through turn out OK) and I very much doubt New Zealend rate's will pay that highly for said proffesion.
2) I fined the concept..........iffy. Why spend money you don't have, a person like me would never be able to pay that back.

I never spend money I don't have – I just consider credit cards safer than debit cards or PayPal and, as a 'bonus', I can pay the bill off in full at the end of the month when my account contains a little more money.

I hope you succeed with your exams – you probably won't have much time to watch films when you're spending all your time studying sea creatures and writing research papers in your beachside home in New Zealand!