Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 22nd May 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 244148)
Just showed one of my friends HOUSE OF THE DEVIL. God I enjoy that movie every time I watch it. Especially like how on blu-ray it actually looks like a classic early eighties movie stuck on blu-ray.

Yes! It has all the graininess you'd expect from an 80's horror, which is far more noticeable on bluray. Great film too.

Gojirosan 22nd May 2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 244148)
Just showed one of my friends HOUSE OF THE DEVIL. God I enjoy that movie every time I watch it. Especially like how on blu-ray it actually looks like a classic early eighties movie stuck on blu-ray.

I keep meaning to rewatch this. I really didn't rate it at all, but I keep reading high praise for it. I should give it another chance before I get rid of the DVD.

PaulD 22nd May 2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 244137)
Edit : Although better than the Technika, there are still a few issues with a few discs with the Tosh too. Sigh.

Are you referring to the stuttering image on selected Region B titles?

keirarts 22nd May 2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 244151)
I keep meaning to rewatch this. I really didn't rate it at all, but I keep reading high praise for it. I should give it another chance before I get rid of the DVD.

I cant dismiss people who don't like the film, its rather slowly paced and sags in the middle a tad. That said Its still a personal favourite of mine and still Ti Wests best film. (though I also rate the ROOST)

keirarts 22nd May 2012 08:32 PM

Also black magic rites just showed up on axel (the redemption release) its under a tenner.

Hugh 22nd May 2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 244152)
Are you referring to the stuttering image on selected Region B titles?

Yep. Just reading about them on AVforums.

artisturn 22nd May 2012 08:38 PM

Got an email that my order from Deepdiscountdvd had shipped .

Dark Night of the Scarecrow $8.93 and Flesh for Frankenstein $8.80.

I am really looking forward to watching Flesh for Frankenstein last time I saw that movie was in the movie theater in the early 1980's when 3D had a very brief comeback.

keirarts 22nd May 2012 08:50 PM

In fact TWO ORPHAN VAMPIRES and THE LIVING DEAD GIRL are both on there as well but dearer.

The annoying thing is the free postage deal finishes THE DAY BEFORE I GET PAID. :mmph:

In fact sod it, Black magic rites is now ordered as its so cheap. The other two will have to wait.

Also annoyed grand dual/keoma is region locked. Its only my suspicions but I suspect mill creek may have had some legal pressure to start doing this. I've noticed certain u.k companies are getting very territorial of late.

Sam 22nd May 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 243995)
Better make sure to get a region free one or you'll be seeing this...

http://s13.postimage.org/b8mbe86ab/20120522_094953.jpgclick

At the risk of asking the obvious, does this mean it's region locked? I really hope not because this is on its way to me and I don't have a bloody region free player :doh:!

Thought it'd be a safe bet since the other Mill Creek SW double bill was region free. Maybe it was Argent who intervened since they've released Keoma in the UK - a similar thing happened to me with the BU Django. Either way, it looks like I won't be watching this any time soon, or at least until my current player packs in :(

EDIT: just read keirarts post, which answers my question!

Gojirosan 22nd May 2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisturn (Post 244156)
Got an email that my order from Deepdiscountdvd had shipped .

Dark Night of the Scarecrow $8.93 and Flesh for Frankenstein $8.80.

I am really looking forward to watching Flesh for Frankenstein last time I saw that movie was in the movie theater in the early 1980's when 3D had a very brief comeback.

Both wonderful films!

:cool: