Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 1st June 2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 246904)
Happy Birthday for the 28th, fuzzy - you got some great presents!

I hazard a guess at that being Don't Go In The House? ;)

Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!! :lol:

Have ordered the Arrowdrome one, as mate not that bothered about "features", shame as the SS comm with Mr G is quite illuminating regarding the films history/production etc.

Sobral 1st June 2012 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally completed my set of Coffin Joe portuguese VHS's (to go along with the brazilian, US and UK DVD boxes... :blush:)

Hawkmonger 1st June 2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 246889)
found All The Colors of the Dark on amazon, so that's been ordered, along with a certain xmas present....... :laugh:

Only 6 months! Woo!

Pete 1st June 2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 246884)
So it was my 15th birthday on May 28, and i got all sorts of cool stuff! :woot:
I was meant to post this on Monday or Tuesday, but im slow and school and stuff...
Akira, Forbidden Zone, CSPWDT + DON and Negima 34 rocked up on Tuesday, and I'm still waiting for Demons 1, 2, ROTLD Steelbook and House By The Cemetery.
With my luck, I get Zombie and Halloween 2, and they get announced again in the next week!! :rolleyes:

Some comments on the ones I've watched:
Dark Knight Of The Scarecrow: Superb film & Blu Ray, Highly Recommended :rockon:
Forbidden Zone: Bat shit insane & Hilarious, great feature and the quality was pretty good to me. :pound:
Zombie: Holy crap that was awesome, with a pretty good Blu Ray :eek:

Fun fact about my birthday: While not the same date, I was born around the same Worldwide time as Peter Cushing, Vincent Price & Christopher Lee!! :pop2:

Happy birthday! I think you must be the youngest member of this forum.

Gojirosan 1st June 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

So it was my 15th birthday on May 28, and i got all sorts of cool stuff! :woot:

Happy birthday!

Susan Foreman 1st June 2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

So it was my 15th birthday on May 28

I am most impressed with the way you managed to sneak that information into your post, so that we will all know (and remember) for next year!

keirarts 1st June 2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 246832)
For my money ROTLD blu looks the dogs b*****S! Very happy with the product.

ISLAND OF LOST SOULS looks as good as its ever going to, certainly looks fuzzy in places, but given the films history were lucky to be seeing it at all. Given Eureakas track record this is probably as good as we'll ever get it. The steelbook itself is a thing of beauty.

tommorrow i'll be having the DAVID LYNCH boxset and probably House by the cemetary as well.

ordered the david lynch blu-ray boxset from ZAAVI for a good cashback deal, so I probably won't be seeing that posted by their lazy asses for another week or so. On the plus side, Amazon shipped my ltd edition ARROW release of house by the cemetary this afternoon, not long after ordering so well done them!

Kyle 1st June 2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 246874)
More really cool BDs, Kyle. It's a shame The Evil Dead doesn't have the original 1.33:1 ratio which is why I bought the Region A release (both limited edition and the standard one). The difference is quite startling so, as and when you go multi-region, have a look for the American BD.

Didn't know that , I have a multi region player, might have to check the other out

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st June 2012 04:16 PM

Just so everyone knows, the original un-altered soundtrack on the Return Of The Living Dead blu-ray, is only on the Mono track. It was a while before I realized this!

Kyle 1st June 2012 04:46 PM

got this today

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...9/IMAG0233.jpg