Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th March 2010 12:24 AM

Bought today after work.....

UNFORGIVEN BR
FINAL DESTINATION BR
BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW ODEON
LOOKING FOR ERIC BR
GI JOE (For the kids you understand.) :happy:

eNoize 27th March 2010 06:04 AM

Just finished an early copy of A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) and must say it looks brilliant, given it is now 25 years old. :thumb:

Expect full review in the following week, but thought I'd share with everyone here it's safe to replace you old VHS copy. :biggrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th March 2010 07:36 AM

enoize,did you notice if ANOES is the same version that was on the Infinifilm dvd? That version has some sound effects missing,including...

1. The tearing sound of Tina ripping Freddy's face off is missing.

2. When Rod jumps out of the bushes and grabs Nancy, the sound effect is gone.

3. When Freddy opens the door to Rod's holding cell, there used to be a 'stinger' synth sound effect. It isn't on the new DVD.

4. When the blanket-noose first tugs Rod's neck as he wakes up, the 'stinger' sound effect that was once there is missing.

5. The moment before Nancy lights Freddy up like a roman candle in her basement, he scrapes his glove along the furnace to freak her out I suppose. Before, the scraping sound effect used throughout the movie is used here. It's also now absent

There's a few more as well.

vincenzo 27th March 2010 11:33 AM

Out of interest which print was used for the Blu-ray of ANOES. The unrated or R-rated?

pedromonkey 27th March 2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 69881)
Not Horror related but my recent purchases are:

Nighty Night series 1 and 2
The Day Today (A long overdue DVD buy here, been meaning to pick it up for ages)

Nighty Night is awesome, Especially the First series. Very Dark comedy and the character of Jill played by Julia Davis is one of the evilest tv villains ever.

had to change my Deliverence dvd as was given the wrong disc, changed it for Legend Of hell House instead, also picked up Critters and House 2 ABUK for £3 each at cash generators.

LineSix 27th March 2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 69944)
Nighty Night is awesome, Especially the First series. Very Dark comedy and the character of Jill played by Julia Davis is one of the evilest tv villains ever.

Yeah, I have heard that its supposed to be really good, and so have been meaning to watch it for a while now, I decided to pickup both series, for £3.99 each you can't go wrong.

gag 27th March 2010 02:30 PM

My partner has started her new job as a driving instructor, so until she gets some customers built up she kept her old job on but works on overnight stays caring for the elderly...
My job involves working away and overnight,.. so last night was the 1st night we both slept together in around 10 days ,
I woke up this morn feeling a bit down and fed up. she ask me what was wrong, and y dont i go in town or where ever and have a spend to cheer myself up...
I replied im skint cant afford owt. so she said take her bank card and spend on her behalf what i want as much as i want as long as i dont take the p

So she drop me off in middleborough town instead and off i went...
I bought few bits of owt and nowt some trainers and combat pants,

Also bought

DVD

House by the cemetery
Sleepless
Macabre .........all arrow
Outpost
Dark crystal

The descent
American history x both on umd ideo for the psp

Games

Liar... ps3
dead and furious.... ds
everbodys golf... psp
ghost and goblins... psp

All 11 items for £34

pedromonkey 27th March 2010 04:11 PM

forgot to mention that i also picked up The Wiz, with Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. i didn't know it was written by Joel Schumacher, Produced by Rob Cohen and directed by Sidney Lumet. gonna watch it tonight.

Sargento 27th March 2010 04:28 PM

Not horror I know but, I just had my Blu-ray of:

... delivered.

Not yet seen it but I am sure it won't be up to much ... got it really for the days when you just wanna switch off and soak up some Hollywood popcorn fodder!

I got the HMV steelbook exclusive and I am really disappointed with the packaging! Once you take the cellophane off, you have to remove the outer sleeve to access the steelbook. BUT, you then cannot re-attach the original back of the sleeve with all the specs etc on! I have cut it out and stuck it onto the back of the steelbook. Piss poor! :(

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th March 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 69959)
forgot to mention that i also picked up The Wiz, with Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. i didn't know it was written by Joel Schumacher, Produced by Rob Cohen and directed by Sidney Lumet. gonna watch it tonight.

So you wanted to meet the wizard! :dance: :dance: