Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 247855)
Most of the disks in the Lynch set are barebones and 2 of them are 1080i according to bluray.com members!

I got Blue Velvet from US and will wait for a SE Blu of Wild at Heart.

I just pre ordered ET Blu steelbook!
Will order Jaws steely soon too.

Which 2?

Sam 4th June 2012 08:19 PM

Just pre-ordered a few Eureka Steelbooks whilst hmv.com have their 10% offer: Lost Weekend, Rumble Fish and the Testament of Dr Mabuse

Vampix 4th June 2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 247670)
Did you not use their 10% off code and get it for £9.90!? :confused:

No, I didn't know about it.It shows how much I pay attention, doesn't it.But, thanks to you, I've now cancelled my order and re-ordered it using the 10% Jubilee discount.Cheers, ant, and, of course, her Majesty the Queen. ;) :D

Hugh 4th June 2012 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 245750)
This dropped through the letterbox this morning.

I know I'm late to the party as it's been out a while now, but I had to be in the right state of mind (very drunk) to order it.

At almost 3 hours long, I'll give it a whirl on Friday and let you know, but judging from the youtube clips I've seen, it should be a riot. :lol:

Watched Endhiran. What can I say?

A huge laugh. And I mean real genuine laugh out loud funny. Apparently it's not supposed to be comedy, but I can't beleive that. It just has to have been made for laughs.

And it made me laugh my arse off on several occasions. Neighbours must think I'm off my head.

Oh, and how beautiful is the lead actress? :eek: Absolutely stunning. No wonder she won Miss World. Could barely believe that her eyes were real. A really spectacular grey/blue/green which is most unusual on an Indian woman. Really does take your breath away. Sorry, I'm gushing. Back to the film.

CG is a tad ropey, in an obvious kind of way, but it just adds to the charm of the film. Definately worth a look. Get your mates round, get some beers on the go and when you're starting to feel the beer take effect, stick this on and have a right laugh.

nekromantik 4th June 2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 247856)
Which 2?

Twin peaks and lost highway

Jinx_Barkman 5th June 2012 02:50 AM

I've been meaning to purchase this BD, finally decided tonight's the night.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Justin101 5th June 2012 08:35 AM

I resisted the temptation of the Lynch box-set knowing I haven't got time to watch them all right away and that in 3 months time will cost a lot less - I'm glad I never got it now as it sounds a bit dodgy with none DTS stereo soundtacks and 1080i transfers!

I did buckle and buy Dune separately though, was going to watch it last night but the HBTC extras clock in at 'longer than the movie' proportions and it was 11pm before I knew it!!!

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 247918)
I resisted the temptation of the Lynch box-set knowing I haven't got time to watch them all right away and that in 3 months time will cost a lot less - I'm glad I never got it now as it sounds a bit dodgy with none DTS stereo soundtacks and 1080i transfers!

I did buckle and buy Dune separately though, was going to watch it last night but the HBTC extras clock in at 'longer than the movie' proportions and it was 11pm before I knew it!!!

I'm going to pop into HMV today and pick up Dune, if I can be bothered moving. :lol:

fuzzymctiger 5th June 2012 10:58 AM

Just reordered Return Of The Living Dead, Demons, Demons 2 and House By The Cemetery Blus cause Amazon UK is a little bitch and cancelled my orders!
:mmph:

darthelvis 5th June 2012 11:17 AM

Ordered Videodrome Criterion Blu Ray & Legend of Boggy Creek.