Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sargento 27th March 2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 69950)

Also bought

DVD

House by the cemetery
Sleepless
Macabre .........all arrow
Outpost
Dark crystal

The descent
American history x both on umd ideo for the psp

Games

Liar... ps3
dead and furious.... ds
everbodys golf... psp
ghost and goblins... psp

All 11 items for £34

All for 34 quid?????!!! How?? Bargain of the year!!

:cool:

gag 27th March 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 69963)
All for 34 quid?????!!! How?? Bargain of the year!!

:cool:

House by the cemetery
Sleepless

was 1 of these open air stall all the arrow films £3 each have loads of just them 3 all cellophaned and brand new

Outpost £2
Dark crystal £2

The descent
American history x both on umd ideo for the psp £5 FOR BOTH

Games

Liar... ps3 £5
dead and furious.... ds £4
everbodys golf... psp £3.00
ghost and goblins... psp £4

might be out by 50p on 1 r 2

just by looking around cheap stall cash convertors and that type of shop

i could have bought loads more bargains around that price but didnt want to take to much liberty out off my partners money

antmumford 27th March 2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 69966)
House by the cemetery
Sleepless

was 1 of these open air stall all the arrow films £3 each have loads of just them 3 all cellophaned and brand new

Outpost £2
Dark crystal £2

The descent
American history x both on umd ideo for the psp £5 FOR BOTH

Games

Liar... ps3 £5
dead and furious.... ds £4
everbodys golf... psp £3.00
ghost and goblins... psp £4

might be out by 50p on 1 r 2

just by looking around cheap stall cash convertors and that type of shop

i could have bought loads more bargains around that price but didnt want to take to much liberty out off my partners money

£3 for each Arrow release? I don't suppose you're able to go back and get me a copy of each? ;)

Richcrue 27th March 2010 11:22 PM

Got the 2 disc special edition of Blade Runner the final cut in blockbuster for a fiver yesterday.....thought that was a bargain till I was in HMV today and theyre selling it for 3 quid in their "boom" sale,got The Stendahl Syndrome while I was in to make me feel better.

Daemonia 28th March 2010 12:45 AM

Yes, Vin, it's always been a sore point that the only version on DVD is the R-rated version, despite previous UK VHS versions always being the full uncut print. Likewise for Candyman. Here's hoping these things will be corrected on future optical disc releases.

antmumford 28th March 2010 12:52 AM

Today I picked up Chanbara Beauty, the film Yôhei Fukuda made before Grotesque. Looks like it's gonna be a bit of fun. I mean how could I not enjoy a bikini clad Zombie killer?

eNoize 28th March 2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 69902)
enoize,did you notice if ANOES is the same version that was on the Infinifilm dvd? That version has some sound effects missing...

You know, I haven't watched the Infinifilm in a while, but I've never noticed the missing sound effects before. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Comparatively, this is the same print used for the Infinifilm R-rated version from a few years back. The sound effects stevo points out are indeed gone, which is unfortunate as I'll forever take notice from now on. :(

On the bright side, the picture is a marked improvement and quite attractive. Only, it does appear dated in few spots as would be expected, but overall, it looks good.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2010 12:30 PM

That's a shame about the sound effect omissions.:ohwell: Guess we can only hope that another region comes up with a print with the effects intact (unless they re-use the Newline transfer).Good to know it looks good though. :)

Mojo 28th March 2010 08:09 PM

Suspiria

I've seen this a good few times, but never like this. Absolutely stunning :happy:

Basketcase 28th March 2010 09:53 PM

yesterday i bought:
men behind the sun
the beyond
junk
faster pussycat kill kill!
the boy from hell (from the makers of the guinea pig movies)
bloodfeast
shoguns sadism
terror at the opera
the stendhal syndrome

i also got my 25th anniversary zombi 2 dvd signed by Ian McCulloch which im very chuffed about :D