Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 8th June 2012 05:18 PM

I've never seen The Big Racket, but I have pre-ordered the Blue Underground Midnight Movies:Action set with the three Castellari flicks in it, including The Big Racket.

Pete 8th June 2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 248851)
I've never seen The Big Racket, but I have pre-ordered the Blue Underground Midnight Movies:Action set with the three Castellari flicks in it, including The Big Racket.

It's really good. STREET LAW is even better!

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 248857)
It's really good. STREET LAW is even better!

...and The Heroin Busters is better still. :nod:

Pete 8th June 2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 248873)
...and The Heroin Busters is better still. :nod:

and HIGH CRIME is better than all three of them. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 248874)
and HIGH CRIME is better than all three of them. :nod:

Never seen The Marseilles Connection, who has released it?

Pete 8th June 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 248877)
Never seen The Marseilles Connection, who has released it?

23rd Century and mastered directly from the old UK VHS.

Studio Canal/Optimum apparently hold the UK rights.

(btw I hate the title MARSEILLES CONNECTION)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 248881)
23rd Century and mastered directly from the old UK VHS.

Studio Canal/Optimum apparently hold the UK rights.

(btw I hate the title MARSEILLES CONNECTION)

It just tries to rip off The French Connection which was set in Marseilles.

SharonLynette 8th June 2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 248816)
Totally off topic, but I had to laugh at the way Acorah was unmasked as a fraud.

Quoting from :

"In July 2001, Acorah was asked to feature in a new British television programme called Haunting Truths which was subsequently sold to Living and renamed Most Haunted. It was at this time that he arguably became Britain's most widely known medium and was described as "the sexiest man in Spiritualism". He worked on the show for six series until his departure in 2005. Acorah claims that he left the show to pursue other projects although the show's presenter, Yvette Fielding is reported to have said that he was asked to leave after Ciarán O'Keeffe, a parapsychologist for the show, fed him misinformation to which he later responded during an investigation, presenting himself as being possessed by the spirit of a fictional character, which the Fielding and the programme makers to question Acorah's credibility. Acorah said he was possessed by the spirit of a man called Kreed Kafer. In a later interview the programme's parapsychologist, Ciarán O'Keeffe, said that the character was a fabrication he invented, and an anagram of "Derek faker". O'Keeffe had fed this name to Acorah prior to the programme, and he had subsequently repeated it during filming.[6] In a separate interview, the show's presenter and executive producer Yvette Fielding said "Unbeknown to us, Ciaran O’Keeffe had suspicions about Derek and decided to plant some information to see if it would be repeated. He left a piece of paper around with the name ‘Kreed Kafer’ on it and said, within earshot of Derek, that he was a nasty South African jailor. When we started filming, Derek decided to get possessed by this fake person. The name is actually an anagram of Derek Faker. We tell people everything is real, then it turns out he was a fake, so he had to go." She added "I was more angry than anything. I was upset that someone we considered to be close could do that.""

I love a bit of drama. :dance:

Now always liked Derek, only to mock. In the same way I found Jeffrey Archer's Prison diary funny.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th June 2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 248821)
Catriona MacColl in 'City of the Living Dead'?

Next you'll be saying that the film was fictional, and not a documentary!

Oh no, that's real. :)

SharonLynette 8th June 2012 06:33 PM

Well...

All this talk of Derek Acorah and Most Haunted reminded me that I did purchase "Ghostwatch" on dvd this year to replace the copy my friend has had on "loan" since I first bought it when it was first released. Always good to pull out on Halloween.