Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 13th June 2012 07:32 AM

I'm trying to find something cool on ebay for £25 or slightly more. Got a Paypal / ebay voucher that expires next week. Hate it when you can't think of anything you want :mmph: Got me eye on that M 80th Anniversary Blu Ray set, but that's only £22 . . .

Slippery Jack 13th June 2012 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh hells yes! Both my Zavvi AND Planet Axel orders just arrived (can't believe those Blu's were 6 quid each!) :woot: . . .

Demoncrat 13th June 2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 249888)
According to IMDB:

"The Collectors' Edition on DVD runs 18 minutes longer than the original release and includes the following expanded or newly added scenes:
  • The two Joilet guards come to get Jake in his cell and have trouble waking him up.
  • One additional line from Frank Oz as he rattles off Jake's material possessions.
  • An additional line for the Penguin regarding missions: "I'll be sent to the missions... Africa, Latin America... Korea."
  • Jake and Elwood discuss getting the money for the mission honestly outside of the Triple Rock Baptist Church.
  • The "The Old Landmark" number is considerably longer, incorporating more dance sequences and extra verses.
  • After the demolition derby in the shopping mall Elwood parks the Bluesmobile in a hiding place beside an electrical power box. (John Landis explains that Aykroyd thought this would show how the car gets its incredible endurance, but also goes on to explain that it never did make any sense, so the scene was cut.)
  • A few extra lines of dialog when Elwood and Jake rest in his apartment.
  • When the cops come to arrest Jake and Elwood in the motel, they first stop at the registration desk and intimidate the manager. They also greet Sam, who seems to be known by everyone.
  • An entire sequence with Elwood boosting chemicals from his day job, then quitting the job to become a priest, is restored.
  • After the above sequence, Jake and Elwood study a cigarette box with "the last known address of Bones Malone and Blue Lou Marini".
  • After getting the new address of Bones Malone, Elwoods thanks Ms Tarantino before leaving.
  • Jake has an extra line of dialog while pep-talking Murph and the Magictones at the Holiday Inn ("Now, who here at this table can honestly say that they played any finer or felt any better than they did when they played with the Blues Brothers?")
  • One line of dialog for Henry Gibson is restored for the Illinois Nazis scene at the bridge, with regards to the swastika ("The sacred and ancient symbol of your race since the beginning of time!")
  • The "Boom Boom" number is much longer, with extra shots of John Lee Hooker laughing and arguing with his band. Jake and Elwood watch for a moment then enter the Soul Food Cafe.
  • "Think" has extra verses and shots of dancing.
  • When the band arrives at Bob's Country Bunker, Bob hands the request list to Bones Malone, who looks at it blankly.
  • The "Theme from Rawhide" and "Stand By Your Man" numbers are slightly longer.
  • The original Picwood preview included another musical number, "Sink the Bismark", but that footage has been lost.
  • More lines of dialog for Maury Sline in the steam room scene, mostly regarding to the old gigs having been turned into (gay) discos.
  • When Jake fills up the tank for the Bluesmobile, he overfills it and gas spills over. When they peel out from the station, Elwood flicks a cigarette out of the window and causes the station to explode. (Landis now says he doesn't remember why this particular scene was cut.)
  • Before the sound-check Curtis (Cab Calloway) explains to the band that they need to do it for the kids, since the Blues Brothers will use the money raised from that concert to pay the taxes for a church. The look on the faces of the band after they hear it is priceless!
  • The "Minnie the Moocher" number is considerably extended.
  • As Jake and Elwood sneak into the show, Elwood takes the chemicals that he stole from the show and sneaks them into the tires of the cop cars.
  • Both the "Everybody Needs Someone to Love" and "Sweet Home Chicago" numbers are extended.
  • When Jake and Elwood sneak out, the gas in the cop cars tires reacts and causes the tires to explode on some to delay the police.
  • An alternate line of dialog for Carrie Fisher in the sewer when she confronts Jake, about how her father "used up her last favors" with the Mafia for her wedding. In the original release it was changed due to complaints of the Italian-American community.
  • The lengthy climactic chase to (and through) Chicago features many extra lines and shots of racing autos.
  • The "assault on Daley plaza" and the Assessor's Office scenes also feature extra lines and shots.
  • The "Jailhouse Rock" number is slightly longer.
  • As the prisoners riot at the end of the film, there is a brief shot of riot-geared police guards racing into the mess hall that has been added. It changes the end of the film subtly.
  • The "cast of characters" and end credits are extended to accommodate the new footage."

mate has this on a single disc (R2), tis a revelation. My ATCOTD came today, night sorted then as The Boxer's Omen arrived as well....cheers Terry etc.;)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th June 2012 11:00 AM

A Derek Acorah book came this morning along with Most Haunted Series 2 and the cover screams when you push a button

Demoncrat 13th June 2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 249925)
A Derek Acorah book came this morning along with Most Haunted Series 2 and the cover screams when you push a button

Does it scream "Mary loves Dick!" then?? ;);)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th June 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 249927)
Does it scream "Mary loves Dick!" then?? ;);)

Apparently it does ;) but i havent started reading yet but if it dosent i'll be :mob: round his house

Gojirosan 13th June 2012 12:32 PM

BOOM!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/Gojirosan/raz.jpg

Slippery Jack 13th June 2012 12:57 PM

"From a Producer of..." :lol: . . .

Gojirosan 13th June 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 249960)
"From a Producer of..." :lol: . . .

First thing I saw as I took it out of the packaging. There was laughter.

Sobral 13th June 2012 02:55 PM

Ordered:

http://s16.postimage.org/a3r0r6no5/2..._103482_58.jpg http://s17.postimage.org/ujh9kmqpr/840985.jpg
8 - (a spanish short)
Hercules In The Haunted World