Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

tollickd 16th June 2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 250988)
I'll buy it from you for £5?????? :D

Nice offer but I have to decline :tongue1:

fuzzymctiger 17th June 2012 05:51 AM

Took advantage of the Arrow £5 sale today

Would normally get them on blu ray, but these were cheap and will fill in the gaps.

City Of The Living Dead
The Beyond
Vamp
Street Trash
Slaughter High

Will be nice to finally watch an uncut Street Trash, as the version I watched the sex scene with the drunk girl and the ensuing consequences was cut. Bloody YouTube.....

Now all I need is the Bay Of Blood DVD for slipcases and Pieces and Silent Night Deadly Night for the regular cases I'm interested in.

keirarts 17th June 2012 06:21 AM

MBV does look pretty darned good on blu-ray.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 10:01 AM

Right, since I highly doubt Movietyme will be able to find another copy of My Bloody Valentine soon, I just went into ebay and saw someone selling a copy for £7.....so I bought it!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250854)
You can't mock, you've just posted advertising the forthcoming release of Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. :p :happy:

I've seen it twice and thought it was a surprisingly intelligent feminist look at the cannibal films. It's strange how no copies of Pretty Woman have the tagline 'From the writer of Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death' on the cover (or, to give it its British title, changed because the BBFC didn't like the word 'cannibal', Pirahna Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death!)

Don't mock it as I much prefer it to Cannibal Ferox and should really give it another viewing.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 251032)
Right, since I highly doubt Movietyme will be able to find another copy of My Bloody Valentine soon, I just went into ebay and saw someone selling a copy for £7.....so I bought it!

Just watch, that one will probably be in better condition than the one from Movietyme!

If they won't reimburse you, I'd happily take it off your hands for a reasonable price!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th June 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 251054)
Just watch, that one will probably be in better condition than the one from Movietyme!

If they won't reimburse you, I'd happily take it off your hands for a reasonable price!

That's what I was thinking. It was an actual photo of the item on ebay, so I'm pretty confident it's in good condition.

re.form 17th June 2012 12:09 PM

Cult Spag Western Box-set (Bullet for the General, Keoma, Django).
My Dear Killer
Happiness of the Katakuris
X - Night of Vengeance

James Morton 17th June 2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 250923)
It is poor, but kept me watching. There were aspects of it I liked.

Stuart Gordon must be proper pissed off about his name ALWAYS being mentioned with it as he had nothing to do with the film really. His own fault for agreeing to it, I guess!

It might just as well have been called "Charles Band's Deathbed"!

In an interview in Fangoria some years ago when DEATH BED was released on dvd, he stated he liked the film because 'it's a creepy film' and Danny Draven the director was one of Gordon's film students
As well as Gordon being one of the producers (executive I think)
I have the boxed set and DB is an extra film but I'm not a fan of the film

Gojirosan 17th June 2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 251066)
Danny Draven the director was one of Gordon's film students

Thanks for that! I wondered what the connection was. :)